Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok i want a fun random list(thats why i chose orks actually) but might need some help.My list is like this:
HQ
Weirboy w/ warphead upgrade
Big Mek w/ SAG
Elites
10 Lootas
Troops
10 Grots (SAG Mek here) 1 upgrade to runtherd
30 Shoota Boyz(Warphead here) w/ 2 Big Shootas, Incl. Nob w/Pk,bosspole
20 Slugga Boyz w/ 2 Big Shootas, Incl. Nob w/Pk,bosspole
20 Slugga Boyz w/ 2 Big Shootas, Incl. Nob w/Pk,bosspole
Deff Dread w/ 2 Skorchas, Grot Riggas
Fast Attack
10 Stormoyz Incl. Nob w/ Pk, Bosspole
Heavy Support
3 Killa Kans w/ 3 Grotzookas
3 Killa Kans w/ 3 Rokkit Launchas

The main idea is this:
Weirdboy: Support and shoot Psychic Powers.
Big Mek: Shoot elite units to crap.
Lootas: Shoot light tanks or medium-armored units to hell.
Slugga Boyz: Hide behind Killa Kanz and advance.
Shoota Boyz: Shoot and advance through COVER.
Deff Dread: Advance, draw a lot of fire and when close burn ‘n kill.
Stormboyz: Try to make sure opponents LoS to this unit is blocked and advance.
Grotzooka Kans: Shoot large units with bad saves dead.
Rokkit Kans: Shoot vehicles dead or when there are no tanks left/ in LoS shoot elite units.

Ok that is 1475 pts that leaves me 25 points, should i go for a Pk for the Mek or xtra grots?

Comments and help welcome(remember this list is meant for fun not for tournaments and i want to keep the randomness:eek:k: )

·
Registered
466 Posts
your best dropping the big shootas in the slugga boyz mobs as you should only be really running them so that can save you 20 points there add a third big shoota to your shoota boyz leaving you with 40 points :) so the pk on mek is pointless as he should be stationary perhaps try add more boyz to your stormboyz or bollster grots

hope this helps :)

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
your best dropping the big shootas in the slugga boyz mobs as you should only be really running them so that can save you 20 points there add a third big shoota to your shoota boyz leaving you with 40 points :) so the pk on mek is pointless as he should be stationary perhaps try add more boyz to your stormboyz or bollster grots

hope this helps :)
Yeah was thinking about that, and the pk on mek was in case i would roll double 5 and teleport in enemy but that doesnt happen much i see what i am gonna do

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The best way is to play what you have, this way you can see what works for your style of play.
I dont have much yet i have AoBR set, SAG Mek and 3 Killa Kans.
My style is play for fun and i like randomness. My favo units r SAG Mek and Killa Kanz. So i wont change much to this list.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think i'll do this
HQ
Weirboy w/ warphead upgrade
Big Mek w/ SAG
Elites
10 Lootas
Troops
20 Grots (SAG Mek here) 2 upgrades to runtherd
30 Shoota Boyz(Warphead here) w/ 3 Big Shootas, Incl. Nob w/Pk,bosspole
20 Slugga Boyz Incl. Nob w/Pk,bosspole
20 Slugga Boyz Incl. Nob w/Pk,bosspole
Deff Dread w/ 2 Skorchas, Grot Riggas
Fast Attack
10 Stormoyz Incl. Nob w/ Pk, Bosspole
Heavy Support
3 Killa Kans w/ 3 Grotzookas
3 Killa Kans w/ 3 Rokkit Launchas

I added xtra grots because the SAG is probably a main target and grots die fast :grin:

·
Registered
466 Posts
19grots+1runtherd is optimal
also i'd drop the deffdread for more lootas or another couple of killakanz, they're better both in assault and shooting and even if u have 1less AV u have two models instead of 1

the only problem i see with this list is that u can target 2 veichles each turn with kans and lootas and hope u can damage them, i'd put some buggies or koptas instead of the stormboyz to help with that.
not a big problem since u arent going for competitive games but if u cant take those units out of their transports half of ur army wont have a target to shoot/charge at and u'll have less fun :D

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
19grots+1runtherd is optimal
also i'd drop the deffdread for more lootas or another couple of killakanz, they're better both in assault and shooting and even if u have 1less AV u have two models instead of 1

the only problem i see with this list is that u can target 2 veichles each turn with kans and lootas and hope u can damage them, i'd put some buggies or koptas instead of the stormboyz to help with that.
not a big problem since u arent going for competitive games but if u cant take those units out of their transports half of ur army wont have a target to shoot/charge at and u'll have less fun :D
Well the i like walkers thats why i toke a deff dread and it's a shame not to take one if you have a Big Mek. I know 19Grots+1 Runtherd is optimal but i don't have much use for the 13 points. About buggies/koptas i have tried them even though they are TL they don't hit a ******* thing, seriously such a low amount doesnt work(I mean with BS 2 1 out of the 3 shots wil hit then reroll, maybe another one. that is 2 hits max, that isnt that bad, but they dont survive long:( )

1 - 8 of 8 Posts