Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so yesterday my friend and i were playing. He runs Tyranids and i run CSM and we ran into a few well odd questions that did not have answers in either codex or the main rule book. Okay first question i had a psyker within 12" of his trygon which caused me to suffer shadow in the warp which reduces leadership by 3 for all psyhic tests. Well my Psyker had veterans of the long war, this gives a +1 to leadership but since his leadership is a 10 nothing really happens. What we wanted to know is does the +1 kick in once his leadership is reduced or does it just do nothing. Another question we had concerned the marker you place after a trigon shows up. The trigon burrows so the marker marks the hole in the ground he makes that his other reserves can use to show up on the feild. How large is that marker supposed to be? is it the size of his base or is it something like a coin? also does this marker, denoting a hole in the ground, count as dangerous terrain or is it ignoreable?

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
For fixed modifiers, you randomly determine who decides the order..I.e. roll a die. On a 1,2,3, the player who's action it is dictates the order the fixed modifiers, (i.e. Veterans first, then Shadow), and on 4,5,6 the other player determines the order (i.e. Shadow, then Veterans)

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
Necron FAQ, pg. 4 regarding whip coils - Q: If a model with whip coils is in base contact with a model with an Initiative-boosting rule/piece of wargear (e.g. an Eldar Banshee Mask etc.), which order are the Initiatives modified? (p44)
A: As a ‘set value modifier’ the Whip Coils effect is applied after all other modifiers. If the model is effected by another set value modifier, roll off to see which is applied first at the start of each Fight sub-phase.

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Damn shame I don't have FAQs (not even hosted on the central site anymore if I'm not mistaken) memorized. Ah well.

Good knowledging there, Creon!

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
FAQs are not at Black Library Digital.
I just checked it out (once I realized you meant 'now' :laugh:), it looks like they're missing a few armies. Daemons, Tyranids, and Dark Angels off the top of my head.

Guess we'll see those back with time.

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
Not a Trigon burrower, so I' m not sure. I'd just go with a "marker" of whatever type you want. Honestly, the bigger it is the better for deployment purposes.

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
I just checked it out (once I realized you meant 'now' :laugh:), it looks like they're missing a few armies. Daemons, Tyranids, and Dark Angels off the top of my head.

Guess we'll see those back with time.
Those armies haven't been updated for new codex FAQs (IIRC), so it stands to reason that they wouldn't have a 5e codex FAQ available...

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Those armies haven't been updated for new codex FAQs (IIRC), so it stands to reason that they wouldn't have a 5e codex FAQ available
Most Hardcover books don't have FAQs at this time.
I know for sure the DA one used to have a FAQ, one that specifically stunted my use of TH/SS upgrades on DW Sergeants.

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
I know for sure the DA one used to have a FAQ, one that specifically stunted my use of TH/SS upgrades on DW Sergeants.
Huh. Now that you mention it, I also recall servo-arms getting FAQ'd (in the DA book and every other Imperial book they cropped up) to be an AP1 power fist in line with the SM codex when that came out...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts