melta bombs

---

land raider crusader
-multimelta

long fangs x5
4x missiles

long fangs x5
4x missiles

it's kinda fluffy but not really, I've been reading the space wolves omnibus and im loving ragnars history. so i figured id use him a bit. it's honestly for fun but i want to keep it competitive. i figure it's iffy when it comes against a land raider list. 1 multimelta, 1 melta gun, 2 combi meltas, 1 lasscannon, 1 TL assault cannon. gun wise im not really ready for it. but i feel the S9 powerfist against a landraider isnt too bad, or a S10 fist from the twc. i should be able to take AV14 down after some time.

the one pack of grey hunters with the plasma and combi plasma and lass TL plass RB is for a home objective, lots of plasma for approaching baddies and they have counter attack so they should be ok with not being able to assault.

blood claws, ragnar, and a WG with a fist and CM go in the crusader. this is "ragnars claw" there are a lot of bodies in there and a lot of attacks coming out of there with furious charge. they may be easier to hit but with I5, S5, and lots of attacks, they shouldn't have to worry about anything swinging back at them much. figure 56-70 attacks at S5 6-8 S6 power weapon attacks from ragnar and then 3-5 S9 fists at the end there. numbers, strength, and speed, with the charge the can take down a full strength group of zerkers without the fist, before they can even swing. i took out a 35+ body blob squad of IG without the fist. they didnt live long enough to break and run. i really like this unit, it's scoring, strong, and has pretty much the best protection money can buy, (land raider).

what do you guys think?

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
i like it as a fun army, but i don't like the numbers in the GH squads: IMO you should take more GH as your main assault force could die easily, leaving you with only 12 scoring Marines.

still, the hammer unit you have is potent. i'd consider dropping the MM on the LRC for extra armor to keep that tank moving to where you need to assault.

EDIT: i had mentioned something about putting a dozer blade on the LRC, but after checking i realized only CSM LR's can take dozer blades. strange.

good hunting.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts