Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys,

My friend has been wanting to start using his radical Daemonhunters army again and I said I'd help him put together an atleast semi-competitive list.

Comments and opinions very much welcome!

Radical Daemon Hunters - 1.5k

HQ:
Ordo Malleus Inquisitor Lord
- Terminator Armour, Pyscannon, Targeter, Psychic Hood

Inquisitor's Retinue
- 3 The Warrior: Gun Servitor with Heavy Bolter
- 2 The Acolyte with Artifacer Armour
- 1 The Sage
- 1 The Mystic

Elite:
Daemonhosts
- 3 Daemonhost

Death-Cult Assassins
- 3 Death-Cult Assassins

Officio Assassinorum Operative
- Callidus

Troops:
Inquisitorial Stormtroopers
- 6 Stormtroopers
- 1 Meltagun
- Rhino, extra armour, Smoke Launchers

Inquisitorial Stormtroopers
- 6 Stormtroopers
- 1 Meltagun
- Rhino, extra armour, Smoke Launchers

Inducted Infantry Platoon
- Platoon Command Squad
- Heavy Weapons Team: Heavy Bolter

- Infantry Squad
- Plasmagun
- Chimera

- Infantry Squad
- Plasmagun
- Chimera

- Heavy Weapons Squad
- 3 Lascannon

- Heavy Weapons Squad
- 3 Lascannon

Total points: 1494

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
I would make the Melta IST units smaller..5 Men, as they're basically suicide squads anyway, regardless of how you try most times.

Bump the Plasma IST's to 8/10 (I do 10), as these tend to hang around longer.

DCA's are easy KP's, but fit the theme I guess.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I would do what Hobo said and drop those melta squads sizes down. You may think against it but once you realise that you are sending them into the heart of the opponent to be in melta range they are dead wiether they are 5 men or 10 men especially considerering there is really no other good target in the army with no land raiders or GKs. With the points saved you could buy afrom the third squad i would change the assassin to something better or add another warrior to the inquisitor squad.

·
I am Alpharius.
8,375 Posts
Yeah, I agree, drop the number of Melta IST, cause they are only effective at close range, and if you charge an army with a Hammerhead or two, or a few Predators, you will get blown up, no matter how many men you have in that squad... And this army looks a bit like that it would get stomped by Da Boys or the Buggers, as they dont have all that many men, and almost no close combatants, other than your Elite Choices, but there arent all that many of them...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey guys,

Updated the list in the original post, this new version uses Inducted Imperial Guard. I think that one infantry platoon fills the lack of fire power gap in the original list.

Any thoughts on the new build?

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
On the IG Platoon I would -

- give the PCS 4 SW's (Flamers are great) and give 1 of the Chimeras to them
- embed 1 HWT into each Infantry Squad and keep them static
- make a Plasma IST Squad like you had originally..use the 2nd Chimera for that
- if you have points left see if that's enough for at least one of the HWT's

my reasons for this -

- a PCS with 4 Flamers and in a Chimera is possibly the most used build for them in an IG list...they work well. If you don't like Flamers any of the SW's are fine (except Snipers), plus 4 BS3 weapons are almost as good as 3 BS4 weapons, plus you're getting maximum benefit from the Chimeras firepoints.
- embedding a HWT into the Infantry Squad keeps them safer and less fragile, as a stand-alone HWS is easily wiped out..1 single S6 shot can do it. I've found that the most effective HWT is a Mortar..keep in cover and blast away, causes pinning, and is cheap.

Still, your build isn't bad, just not as effective as it could be...play it as is and see how it goes.

·
Registered
183 Posts
since you're running 3 daemonhosts you might want a teleport homer to help out a squad and if you get the teleport power, be closer to 100% sure you wont die while DS

1 - 7 of 7 Posts