Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering which races people thought would never ever ally with other races due to their mental capacities not understanding that type of thing.

The races I think wouldn't be able to do this are:

Orks
Chaos Space Marines
Necrons
Tyranids
Chaos Daemons

What do you guys think?

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,046 Posts
No race would every truely ally with another, I believe we have already had this chat during the summer.

Oh, and chaos space marines serve chaos so they actually are the same group.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No race would every truely ally with another, I believe we have already had this chat during the summer.

Oh, and chaos space marines serve chaos so they actually are the same group.
I know what you mean, though, I think its different when you have a csm allying with a regular space marine and a blood letter allying instead. Daemons have their own agenda.

·
Bruva I am hit!
582 Posts
Chaos and Orks have allied as have Necrons and SM according to some fluff although its a abit dubious.
Aye, according to the Blood Angels 5th Ed. Codex, the Blood Angels allied with the 'crons to fight off some Tyranids. They ended up leaving each other alone afterwards - something in there about both sides being tired out from fighting Dante finding it distasteful to attack an ally so soon after a victory. Stirred up quite a storm, especially considering it was written by Matt "Spiritual Liege" Ward.

However, the only incident I know of when Orks and Chaos allied was in DoW: Winter Assault. And it was awesome.

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
I reckon the Tau would be most likely to ally with something outside their own race... I.e not like Spacemarines to Witchhunters to Grey knights to IG, as thats all The imperium... But Tau are all game for the Greater Good, whether that means they'd ally with someone to win an important war... Or whether they'd make complete ally with someone long term to continually benefit themselves and their lives.

·
Bane of Empires
5,131 Posts
However, the only incident I know of when Orks and Chaos allied was in DoW: Winter Assault. And it was awesome.
There were several Ork warbands allied (in a sense) to Abaddon's 13th Black Crusade aswell. They were bribed in equipment and armour by the Black Legion to fight the Imperium.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Aye, according to the Blood Angels 5th Ed. Codex, the Blood Angels allied with the 'crons to fight off some Tyranids. They ended up leaving each other alone afterwards - something in there about both sides being tired out from fighting Dante finding it distasteful to attack an ally so soon after a victory. Stirred up quite a storm, especially considering it was written by Matt "Spiritual Liege" Ward.
That... Doesn't seem right... At all.

·
The Emperor Protects
5,262 Posts
The Imperium would never truely ally with another race, it is far too xenophobic.

The Eldar would also never truely ally with anyone else, they will use other races to serve their own means and protect themselves, but will discard them as soon as their purpose has been served.

·
Bane of Empires
5,131 Posts
Not quite true, the eldar and tallarn allied against chaos and left with peace and mutual respect.
That doesn't contradict what Angel of Blood said at all.

·
Registered
394 Posts
During the 13th Black crusade eldar and imperium fought the same foe, I guess it's not strictly speaking an alliance but it's close. Two races that in my opinion are equally xenophobic being in relatively close proximity for a prolonged time and not killing eachother is probably the closest thing to an alliance between eldar and imps we're likely to see.

·
The Emperor Protects
5,262 Posts
Aye, alliances of conveinience when it is utterly nessecary for their own survival, but both certain to turn their guns on each other again as soon as said threat is dealt with, will never be true allies though

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I could see slaanesh followers teaming up, Like Slaanesh Chaos with DE. Chaos and orks would never work out as a team. Maybe i could see a Chaos Lord killing the biggest baddest Boss and gaining respect from the Ork. But even this theory is failed from the beggening.

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
I could see slaanesh followers teaming up, Like Slaanesh Chaos with DE. Chaos and orks would never work out as a team. Maybe i could see a Chaos Lord killing the biggest baddest Boss and gaining respect from the Ork. But even this theory is failed from the beggening.
I could see Slaanesh Chaos Space Marines and Dark Eldar teaming up occasionally if Dark Eldar didn't hate Chaos in all it's forms, especially Slaanesh.

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,046 Posts
Ok, let's just nip this one in the ass right here and now; there will NEVER be a true lasting allience between any of the races, it WILL NEVER happen. Why? Because that would be dull. No one, everyone who does doesn't count, wants to read about the imperium and some other race getting grab ass and lovyduvy. It's just not going to happen.

·
Registered
488 Posts
I can definitely see Tau and Eldar doing something together, for a multitude of fluffy reasons. But all other combinations are a big no-no.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts