Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Quicky about template weapons

1K views 12 replies 11 participants last post by  unixknight 
#1 ·
To keep it simple this is what happend:

I put all my guys behind a Land raider so they would recieve a cover save, however, i did not know that the enemy had a couple of flamers in the squad, he had no LoS at my unit so he said he flame the LR instead. Ok, i say you cant hurt it, he then replies with but the template can still your guys because it covers them.

WTF can he do that shoot through my tank and hit the unit even if they cant be seen.

Shooting through a tank WTF?

#3 ·
If you don't have LoS to a unit then you just plain can't hurt them (unless you have a barrage weapon).

As for hurting multiple units with a template, you must cover as much of the primary unit with the template, and land raiders are big, so chances are that would not be legal anyway.

#4 ·
rules as written vs common sense. Its like the burning fuel went over the LR and hit the troops. In a game with a good player that is there to have fun and win with honor. I would say that the LR blocked the troops from the templates. Weasle players that think winning is everything will us the rules to benefit themselves while argueing any time the rules work against them just in order to win. Win or lose I prefer the first to the last. I like a good game.

I was in a Tourny and the guy targeted my DA's that were under the back side of the wave serpent with a battle cannon from his Defiler. He said I get a cover save from the WS, I told him that the shot would then hit the WS he said "no" that he did not target it. In my mind the round would come down on them through the WS, yes giving them a cover save but should have also hit my WS. Its about fair and playing for fun and a challenge, but it was a win that I can say was a good fight and I am proud of how we both played.

In your case I would invision punching him in the throat, smile and tell him to go ahead and roll if its that important to you. But thats just me.

#6 ·
i say this is very cheesy and if he got as much of the template as possible over the landriader then i would relectntly say yes but it's not really in the spirirt of the game.

#7 ·
Er, what? Spirit of the game? Bollocks! Doing everything in your power to set the enemy on fire, no matter what it takes, is most assuredly within the spirit of the game!

That being said: Grin: Well, it might have scattered on the WS, and I'd have to dig my book up to be certain, but hey, it's always nice when people are chill at tourneys, right? Lord knows, I got little enough of that playing Magic.

#12 ·
As long as he covers as much of the vehicle as possible I think it's fair. I tend to let stuff like that go, if someone manages to flame my guys through a tank or bounce blast markers into unlikely places then fair play to them, I think it's very much in the spirit of war :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.