Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may sound stupid, I've been playing 40k for two years, but only with friends. The closest GW store is a hour and a half away and not many gaming stores so I've only played on a real table and with other people that I dont know about two times. So, Im young and dont get money often. I wanted to start a Black Templars army but I have Chaos and wont have any good BT models for a few months. So I converted my CSM into Space Marines by taking off the iconography and soon take the backpacks and maybe heads off (I neatly cut the helmet horns off) would they be Tournament legal? I wont have any "Chaos exclusive" items on and to most people they look like Space Marines just a little beat up. Question two, I started to paint my converted 25 Space Marines as BT, but the look... boring... its all just black and white with a little silver... (im not the best painter so my stuff is mainly paint in the decal lines and I feel acomplished) I used to have Iron Warriors and they looked so awesome, now these two colors... I dont mix paint often, I dont have much paint, and Im not the best at painting, so what is a good way to make them look less boring. I feel I'm downgrading my paint sceme since my Iron Warriors. This is another stupid question, can I still use the BT Codex if I choose to change the paint sceme of the models? Like instead of the Black and White use Blood Angels colors and they still will use BT rules? Blood angles was just an ex. no offence but I honestly dont like them :p

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
For the paints scheme anything is fine, just as long as you use at least three colors for a tournament. And the bases need to be painted as well.

And unless the person running the tournament is a real jerk as long as the models are armed correctly and the list is legal, most people won't complain as long as you don't try something absurd, like trying to use orks as imperial guard.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts