Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Slave to Heresy!
8,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Blood Angels army. I've removed all the Blood Angels insignia, decals, shoulder pads etc and painted a black stripe down the middle of every unit.

Am I allowed to take this (bearing in mind the whole army is mainly blood red) to the GT as a standard marine list?

·
Registered
111 Posts
yep that would be fine - as long as it is blatantly blood angels they don't care - and in the future if you want to use them as bloodangels again just say they're a successor chapter - the GT team wont give you any flak for this.

Hope this helps

Malchek

·
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite
8,082 Posts
Yea no problem with it at all Jez. If GW started to stop armies like yours from entering purely because they are the same color as a chapter that has a different codex then there wouldn't be much marine players out there.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I have dug this up from a prevous e-mail to Brian Anderson
Ignore ref to lion gaurd

Q Can I use a colour scheme of my own and represent it as a codex
chapter as it is unclear in the 06/07 rules. i.e. A army called the
lion
guard which have a green, black and white colour scheme and have
defected after the eye of terra campaign but have decended from the
blood angles. Could they use the blood angles rules?

A. (Page 4 of the 2007/8 GT Pack) "A player who invents his/her own Chapter, Regiment etc. or uses an otherwise undetailed GW one is at
liberty to use any appropriate Codex to represent it. Full WYSIGIG must
be maintained and the player should make it crystal clear to his/her
opponents what Codex the army is using. An example of what is not
permissible is a player who uses models that look like one recognised
Chapter whilst using the Codex of another one."

Hoped this helped:biggrin:

·
Registered
318 Posts
Aye, it's funny that creating your own Chapter and painting it different to a Chapter of Renown is always a smarter choice- since then you can swop between the various Marine Codex's when you get bored of a certain playstyle.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Thats right- but I dont think your oppoenents will have much appreication for your army
Not sure I understand, if I use the SM Codex at the GT and it isn't painted Ultramarines Blue my opponent considers me a bad sport?
If I then take the same DIY Chapter to the Open War using the Dark Angels rules, whilst not being Dark Angels Green, again I am a bad sport?

Painting your Marines DIY allows you to get a much wider selection of armies to try out and have fun with- DA, BA, Vanilla, SW, BT...even Chaos.
To a lesser extent this is true of IG Regiments too, though it's far harder to determine if an army is Cadian, or simply using the Cadian models, etc.

I'm not saying it's fair that Official Chapters are penalised in this way, but that's how it is.

·
Registered
269 Posts
No I just mean people MAY think less of you if you use a colour scheme that no way represents your reknown chapter

"Not sure I understand, if I use the SM Codex at the GT and it isn't painted Ultramarines Blue my opponent considers me a bad sport?"

???using sm codex doesnt mean your army sould be Ultramarines

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
lee is using his stripey marines of win, as codex marines. They were BA, but he added a black stripe down the middle of the models to make them look different to BA. This means his speeder doom army is back, and much better than ever.

·
Registered
333 Posts
As long as they don't look exactly like BA then you're fine. No BA insignia and a black stripe is sufficient for everyone I would have thought. They're simply red marines.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.