Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The necron lord rules are kinda confusing me, can someone please clarify them
1. Can a Necron Lord be 210 pts (!00pts wargear and warscythe)?

2.If equipping a Necron Lord with a war scythe, do they have any shooting capabilities?

this question has come about as the lord starts with shooting abilities and then is 'upgraded' to warscythe and pariahs of a warscythe with inbuilt gun
So please can necron Lord's with war scythes shoot.

·
Inquisitor
963 Posts
First part is a simple yes. He may have 100pts of wargear and "may also" buy the warscythe for 10pts for a grand total of 210pts.

For the second part No. Necron lord use the description of the Warscythe from the armoury which does not include "in built gauss blaster" so unfortunately, a necron lord with a warscythe looses the ablity to shoot.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Its clarified in the online necron errata that a necron lord cannot shoot with a warscythe. Which was awesome because i could finally avoid getting staff of lighted.

·
Registered
538 Posts
the Lord will be in the middle of all those warrior squads due to the fact the res orb has a 6" range.
How will you be able to shoot him as he will not be the nearest target?
If he attatches to a squad ,then he will avoid being pie- plated.

·
Registered
538 Posts
waste to have lord fly around with 2 hvy destroyers and leave all the warrior squads unprotected. If have 2 lords then put 1 with the destroyers.
if have lord on destroyer body,you might as well arm him with a warscythe and go into cc.

·
Registered
538 Posts
the monolith will give a 2nd wbb roll when teleport thru BUT if they die to 2x tough or cc w/no armour save then they won't get it unless there was an orb within 6" to start. best to have lord amongst the warriors.

·
Registered
325 Posts
where in teh Nec codex does it say that the lords warscythe doesnt have the built-in Guasse Blaster. i thoight that was just normal for a warscythe?
Where in the necron codex does it say that all warsythes have a built in Gauss Blaster? The rules tell us what you can do. If it doesnt say you can then you cannot.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts