Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im in need of help as to picking a second army. i currently run blood angels and sallies an diam thinking about starting a new army only problem is i dont want to do another sm chapter and i dont like any of the other armys and i dont want to stop 40k either.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Are you sure you can't playstest any of the other armies. If you try you could happen across some of the other codexes quite easy. :grin:

Maybe you haven't tried the others in a while and you may like them now? Just trying to help :D

·
Ancient Relic
2,430 Posts
why dont you wait for the new DE and cron dex's and models and see if you like their rules and models. i have wanted to collect crons for some time, but i am willing to wait for the new dex .Jan 2011 please!!

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Grey knights? they can be included as an ally with both your other marines and are really nice models, (even if, unless you use them as allies, the rules are lacking)

·
Registered
674 Posts
Go for Traitor Marines. Who knows, maybe you'll get cultists with the next, better dex.

That, or Marines with the stats of Avatars. (Judging by current trends)

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Loose hair! Loose hair! Growing bald is a male trait:laugh:

Which ever kind of Power Armour you go for make it something that is painted in a different way, it will save you mental fatigue:)

·
Registered
372 Posts
Sounds simple- pick Chaos Space Marines. They are both SM and not SM

·
Registered
730 Posts
... have space marines, don't like anyone else, need a new army.... sounds to me like you are F'd in the A

Guard are cool, and you can buddy up with them in apoc with your marines...
Grey knights are pewter and they need a new book (forthcoming one hopes)

·
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I like aspects of all armys but there isnt 1 that i like much.

Gaurd im a bit meh on as im not that big on the wole horde thing.

Grey knights i like alot but its just that they are so god damn expensive in the pocket.

I do however like the necrons after looking through some of thier rules. Which army that has a normal troop that can take out a land raider doesnt suck.

I already have a chaos army of deamons and csm for apoalypse battles.

Its either crons or apocalypse imperium alliance sort thing.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I dunno, necrons sound extremely dull, and you dont even get to win fights with them. Guard look like fun, all the people I know who play guard like them very much. I think tyranids are pretty cool too, really great looking models and a new codex, it's not too bad, especially since the rest of xenos is pretty much in need of a codex. If you wanted to go with Eldar, DE, necrons, I'd wait for a new codex.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
I do however like the necrons after looking through some of thier rules. Which army that has a normal troop that can take out a land raider doesnt suck.
~cough~ Dark Eldar! ~cough~

The new codex might be worth a wait...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts