Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Not technically 40k... But it's closer than fantasy:grin:

So, my birthdays coming up and I decided it's time to start burning money again... And free time... And maybe some social interactions :)

So... I would like to get into the kick ass, sexy ass, Horus heresy range on the forge world website...

But do I need all 3(+) books to play? Do I just need the one containing the army I would like? Do I just need the first one, plus my armies one?
Honesty if it's anything but just my armies one, that's a bit to much :(

I want to do blood angels, or more accurately flesh tearers immediately after their formed... So I'm counting them as having 30k rules, so I can use my favourite chapter still :so_happy:
Have the blood angels got their rules yet? If not, when are they set to?
Would the world eaters be better to represent jump pack, rage fury?
Are the rules different enough to feel... Different... More 'accurate' to a space marine?

Any other things I should know but can't of now?

EDIT: how much would the average 1250pt marine army set me back?

EDIT II: I've dug a little deeper than I had before on the forge world website and found the blood angels haven't been released yet...
And also there's the rule books the istvan legions and the crusade legions...
What's the difference? Would I need both? Would I just need the crusade book? Would I just need which ever version of the istvan book the blood angels fall into? Would I just need the blood angels 'istvan' book?

· Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's basically what I was thinking, having read 'flesh of cretacia' and 'fear to tread'
I must say that reading fear to tread before flesh of cretacia would have been a good plan, as it revealed the great weight on his shoulders he talked about...

· Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Right thanks guys, that clears it up for me
I'll be using them in standard 40k games, just because no one else has 30k that I know of, I believe 30k I 40k rated, right?

· Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Unfortunatly it's not about the value for money, there's no way I can afford to drop £70 odd a pop three times over...
£30 a codex is a *tad* steep as it is IMO but hey ho... For the things you love...

And when you said world eaters and night lords with descent of angels, did you mean I house rule that in? Or is that a feature of their rules in themselves?

Also, I'm not sure how I would model them, I know I want them to be mostly mark IV, but with 'modern' jump packs...
I was thinking flesh tearer shoulder pads (duh)
Jump pack set
Forge world MK IV assault squad... And sell there packs later

But their awe fully plain...
So I could buy a death company squad per 5 MK IV assault marines, and kit bash them together like I do currently... That gives me 5 'modern' packs already, and some iconography to mix in... In an identical manner to that of what I do currently, using standard assault squads...
This seems maybe pricey and a hassle...

The alternative is to use the 'modern' standard assault squads, mixed with death company, in 1:1 ratios, as I do now
But buy MK IV helmets, which basically is what I think represents the armour...
That saves jump pack hassles...
However the only MK IV helmets are the word bearers, which I can easily liquid green stuff in the inscriptions...

If this is the wrong place for this, feel free to C/P this segment to modelling or where ever if you see fit...
Or ask me to do it... It was on topic here IMO so...

· Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah I know flesh tearers Arnt out back in the day, what I was going to do was have it set just after the second foundings...
So I'll use the 30K rules bur can still use my flesh tearers
Amd I was only talking about the death company in terms of their kits, I use it all the time to add some shiz to my guys... They have back packs, jump packs, melee and bolt guns, so their perfect for everything IMO, I really hope they don't change to drastically :)

And what's the particular qwerks of the other two 'doctrines' you listed...
I rarely deep strike my guys, that happens before the battle in my mind :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.