Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im currently building an Imperial Guard army and I was wondering about adding an armoured fist unit.

To be honest, for me painting man after man and squad after squad day after day and week after week is mind warping. Its the final result that drives me, though I swear ill never build another (or for a couple of years anyway).

I've put a little variation into my paint scheme just to keep it interesting. And once or twice I've used body parts from other IG models and 'spliced' them to my Cadian style which is the dominant theme.

But the question is... can I actually use a complete set of models from another IG regiment (though they will be from my regiment as such) say models from Armageddon steel legion or Valhallan ice warriors?

·
Administrator
6,544 Posts
Technically, yes. Guardsmen are guardsmen. You may lose some points if you go to a tournament on your appearance score, and the army won't look as cohesive when it's finished, but you can use whatever models you want, so long as they're WYSIWYG. In the case of Imperial Guardsmen, that basically means that they need to be obviously and clearly human and have a lasgun or similar-sized and looking rifle. Beyond that, it's totally up to you.

·
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite
8,082 Posts
As Son said yes you can.

Using a different model style for you AF squad is something I think looks cool. I would NEVER mark you down for doing that as it shows that you have put some thought into not only the models but also the back story of your force. Seeing that makes me think "ok cool so how did some Steel Legion get seconded to the Cadian regiments?. I want to know more, obviously there's a reason for this. This guy has obviously put some time and effort into this idea to make it all look right and fit in. I like him already lol"

I'm intending on doing the same thing for my DH. Each of my ST squads is going to be from a differnt mini range to represent that the =I= leading is just pulling these guys out of their normal regiments and using them for a short amount of time before sending back the survivors. Pretty much just like its said they do in the fluff.

So yes, its your hobby you do what you like. I for one love the idea!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers.

There is an extensive background story (cant help it, its the writer in me).

Thats cool, Ill get to work on it now. But what about the 'gas masks' they wear? Does that mean they count as chem respirators which are restricted by some doctrine choices?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
so they can wear the 'gas masks' and not count as respirators?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts