Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Grr! That is all.
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I had asked or hinted at this before but I could not find anything.

Anyway we all have read about chapter vs chapter which happens for whatever reason but has anyone read about chaos SM fighting other chaos SM chapters? Or Orks fighting Tyranids?

Really I mean out of the following factions who have you read about fighting who? Or even who have you read about teaming up. I know that I have read about SM and Eldar teaming up. I think if I am not mistaken that the UM teamed up for a bit with the Damned on some forge world.

• Space Marines
  • Necrons
  • Tyranids
  • Orks
  • Eldar
  • Tau
  • Imperium of Man
  • Imperial Guard
  • Chaos SM
  • Adeptus Mechanicus
  • Adepta Soroitas
  • Dark Eldar
  • Chaos
  • Imperial Navy
  • Daemon
  • Forces of Chaos
  • Dark Mechanicus
  • Lost and the Damned

I took that list after doing a search of WH40k factions.

·
Bringer of the Apocalypse
2,559 Posts
Well, we've seen Iron Warrior Warsmiths pounding the Hell out of each other on Medrengard... (Dead Sky, Black Sun)

And the Orks and 'Nids are dusting it up in the Octarius War...

·
Banned
7,889 Posts
The Salamander Trilogy saw Chaos, Dark Eldar, sort of Space Marines (Marines Malevolent) and some odds and sods miscreants, sort of traitor PDF all combine against the Salamanders

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
  • Space Marines
  • Necrons
  • Tyranids
  • Orks
  • Eldar
  • Tau
  • Imperium of Man
  • Imperial Guard
  • Chaos SM
  • Adeptus Mechanicus
  • Adepta Soroitas
  • Dark Eldar
  • Chaos
  • Imperial Navy
  • Daemon
  • Forces of Chaos
  • Dark Mechanicus
  • Lost and the Damned

Nearly all the factions have fought each other at some point. The alliances are trickier. Anyway, here is some of what I know for sure.
Space Marines have allied with Tau and Eldar and even the Necrons(Blood Angels did it). As said, Tyranids and Orks are battling in the Octarius sector and it's horrid. Whichever side wins will be stronger than ever. The Chaos Space Marine warbands are very prone to infighting. You have followers of Chaos Gods that don't get along. Tzeentch and Nurgle hate each other, for example. And Fabius Bile likes to go around stirring the pot. The Adapta Soritas have fought alongside Space Wolves, which was very awkward, especially since Space Wolves and Grey Knights have come to blows. Perhaps oddest of all is the frequency with which Eldar and Dark Eldar ally. But the Harlequins are pulling the strings there. (Dark Eldar had no vested interest in whether Iyanden survived the Tyranids. Further, the Dark Eldar will make the Imperium think they are Eldar to start battles betwen them.) Anyway, there is a lot more little stories but my mind is jumbled. Check out Lexicanum. If you don't want to buy the Black Library books, it has decent summaries of most of them.

·
Bringer of the Apocalypse
2,559 Posts
Two other fights came to mind...

-World Eaters and Emperor's Children brawl over Skalathrax, a planet on which they both wanted shelter. Kharn threw a tantrum and shattered BOTH Legions...

-The Battle of Cardrim was a three-way conflict in 925.M41 between the White Scars Space Marines, an Ork Waaagh! under Warboss Skullkrumpa, and the Necron Nihilakh Dynasty.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Tanith First teamed up with the Eldar to fight Chaos briefly. Although the Ghosts were psyked out of it to think they were on Tanith and the Eldar were also Tanith.

A UM champ teamed up with loyalist Iron Warriors in a short story when traitor IW came to wreck their fortress.

Night Lords got a Red Corsair to defect, stole back their cruiser that the Corsairs had stolen, and then had a big ol space battle with the Corsairs. They got fucked up though.

Thats what I can remember off my head.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts