Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There's a few things in the Chaos Marines codex that I wasn't quite sure of whether or not they'd be worth investing in. A friend of mine is selling his Chaos Marine stuff and might be able to give me a pretty good deal, so I'm wondering how much of it I should actually buy.

So, how are Possessed, Chaos Dreadnaughts, Bikers and Raptors? Are there ways to use them effectively, or am I better off going other routs?

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Depends. If you're the dead-competitive type of player then you won't be needing any of these, only Lash Princes, Khorne Berzerkers or Plague Marines, and Obliterators (and the good ol' Rhinos).
If you happen to be capable of playing fun games and intend to have a colourful army, then by all means buy whatever you like from what you've listed, because they're roughly on the same level. Just don't expect much from them and you won't be disappointed. :p

I hope I answered your question.

·
Registered
173 Posts
out of that list
dreadnoughts = keep them closecombat only and send them tank hunting very cheap and tough.
possesed = are just not cost effective at this point in the game but hang around they will change it eventually they always do.( however they may not change it for the better)
Raptors = kick ass looking models i own a squad just becasue they look so cool. i have yet to ever have them earn their points back though so keep them for days when you want to break the monotny of spamming berzerkers and plague marines.
Bikers = once upon a time they had what was known as the daemon bomb speed your bikers straight to a problem area and out pops the greater daemon(Bloodthirster) however those days are gone while you can still do a daemon bomb of sorts it is not as effective due to the generic Greater daemon and he has to be able to roll for deepstrike( not as realiable) that being said the bikers can now get a toughness of 6 if you take the Icon of nurgle i dont know about you but that just sounds fun to me haha. will they earn their points back give them meltas and probably so. will they look cool hell yeah.
remeber if you not playing the game to win money at tourneys then their is no reason for you not to have a blast and play the coolest looking choices the game has to offer.( and just maybe your friend will buy some other stuff that he doesn't like and you will get a killer deal on later. i say support this guy he sounds like a good investment haha)

Sen

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I usually do noise marines in place of berserkers, but generally I get what you mean Khor. I don't generally do tournaments or anything, I'm not nearly experienced enough, my friends and I just play for fun.

And so far he's already been a great investment, Sen. For my Daemons army I already got 2 Bloodthirsters, 6 Flamers, 20 Horrors and 10 Bloodletters + the codex from him for $100. :)

Thanks guys!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.