Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
soo ive got my lorgar model to paint and ive seen him painted in a gray colour and also a red scheme, im wondering when did he change his armour colour, did he even change it during the heresy?

cheers in advance

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
I believe the word bearers changed their armour colours from grey to red in preparation for their invasion of calth

·
Premium Member
12,830 Posts

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
the legions new allegiance.
Something about that sentence just sounds right :)

But if your building a word bearers army... The right scheme would be whether you want the full heretical ones, or the 'good' ones before they made their heresy clear
I'm pretty sure the word bearers were the first to fall by far... I think in 'galaxy in flames' it hints that they manipulated davin their ends, like they should have been called xenos cos they looked so different, but they were left for some reason...

But yeah... However you want him painted :)

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Something about that sentence just sounds right :)

But if your building a word bearers army... The right scheme would be whether you want the full heretical ones, or the 'good' ones before they made their heresy clear
I'm pretty sure the word bearers were the first to fall by far... I think in 'galaxy in flames' it hints that they manipulated davin their ends, like they should have been called xenos cos they looked so different, but they were left for some reason...

But yeah... However you want him painted :)
well its not a word bearer army I just collect all the primarchs and paint them for my display, but want it close to actual evenst as possible.

·
Premium Member
12,830 Posts
Even if you were gaming with him, there's no reason why you wouldn't take a list that had turned to Chaos. You get some kinda cool rules and Ashen Circle, which while kinda cool aren't the reason you want to collect Word Bearers.

Chaos turned 'Bearers get the gorgeous Gal Vorbak Dark Brethren, Diabolist Consuls with Dark Channeling upgrades (works similar to a certain Apothecary, although the benefits are different), Burning Lore upgrades for your characters, a rite of war which treats Daemons as Battle Brothers amongst other fringe benefits, and Lorgar can take an upgrade giving him Psyker abilities and lets him choose powers from telepathy/telekinesis, rolls 3d6 and picks the two lowest... Yeah. post heresy Word Bearers are cool as anything.

It would be like picking up World Eaters and playing a sit back and shoot list.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Even if you were gaming with him, there's no reason why you wouldn't take a list that had turned to Chaos. You get some kinda cool rules and Ashen Circle, which while kinda cool aren't the reason you want to collect Word Bearers.

Chaos turned 'Bearers get the gorgeous Gal Vorbak Dark Brethren, Diabolist Consuls with Dark Channeling upgrades (works similar to a certain Apothecary, although the benefits are different), Burning Lore upgrades for your characters, a rite of war which treats Daemons as Battle Brothers amongst other fringe benefits, and Lorgar can take an upgrade giving him Psyker abilities and lets him choose powers from telepathy/telekinesis, rolls 3d6 and picks the two lowest... Yeah. post heresy Word Bearers are cool as anything.

It would be like picking up World Eaters and playing a sit back and shoot list.
Nice...sounds deadly :)
Although I presume it's 2 HIGHEST dice now as physic tests have changed...

EDIT: scratch that... 30K has a different core rule set as well right?

·
Premium Member
12,830 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.