Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Daft question, buying my first Rhino tommorow but I was wondering. In it's current form does the boxed Rhino allow you to have a Space Marine opertating the Pintle mounted Storm Bolter ontop, on the pictures of the assembled model you can see the Bolter but I haven't seen any with a Marine operating it from the hatch.

Apologies for the seemingly stupid question!

Bayonet

(PS I owned a Rhino ages ago and it just had two fixed roof mounted Bolters so I'm assuming it was an older model)

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
Personally, I think they look a bit goofy sticking out the hatches. The rhino model isn't to correct scale and it ends up looking like a clown car when a marine is sticking out the top. Before you glue anything, test fit the pieces and see if you like it. Chances are, you will see what I mean and opt to not have a marine out the top.

Either way, enjoy building the model.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
good point actually. I would buy the razor back and just use it as either a rhino or razor back depending on what's in your list as it gives you more options

·
Registered
64 Posts
before you glue anything, test fit the pieces and see if you like it.
No need to glue that piece at all really. If you follow the other advice and pick up a Razorback kit you'll want to have the Stormbolter there when it's a Rhino and swap it for the plain hatch doors when it's a Razorback. Obviously you don't want to glue the doors/turret collar part on top either.

Regarding the original question; an easy way to find out what bits come with a kit you're interested in is to just do a google image search for "(unit name) sprue".

1 - 10 of 10 Posts