Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Simply, if a Riptide suffers a wound from its Nova Reactor, would it get a FnP roll, provided that it has the Stimulant Injector? My reasoning is that this is the same case as Perils of the Warp: it denies any save, but FnP does not qualify as a save. Thoughts?

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Nova Reactor allows no save but Feel no Pain isn't save, so yes you could use FnP to negate the wound from nova reactor.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Hmmm. I just realized that, potentially, if you took Space Marine allies w/ a Librarian w/ Biomancy and managed to roll Endurance, you could have a T6, 5 Wound Monstrous Creature w/FnP, 2+/3++ saves, and It Will Not Die. Good Luck shooting that to death from long range

And I suppose you could add shield drones too, but...

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
...whats a shooting attack that "removes from play"?...*misses his Chaos spawn roll*

·
Registered
959 Posts
Necrons have a Transdimensional Beamer that forces a Strength Test or the model is removed from play.

I guess Jaws of the World Wolf could be considered a ranged attack as well.

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
Necrons have a Transdimensional Beamer that forces a Strength Test or the model is removed from play.

I guess Jaws of the World Wolf could be considered a ranged attack as well.
Necrons have quite a few 'remove from play' powers that work from range. I think Necrons are generally a good counter to Tau.

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
Yes crons due have a leg up on the "how the hell do we fight tau scale". Funny these two xeno armies seem like clear winners in the latest edition. Sure GK and CSM have gimmicky bullshit, but I like the general overall effectiveness of both of these xeno armies.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts