Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, first of all, thanks for taking the time to help.

I'm in the middle of collecting a Guard army, and I'm not quite sure on a rule concerning the Alternate Regimental Organisations in the Doctrine section of the Codex. I'm taking Grenadiers (Stormtroopers as Troop choices) and I was wondering if I can also take the Drop Troops Doctrine.

Keep in mind I am NOT doing this so I can make the Stormtroopers Deep Strike. I know that Stormtroopers aren't Guard Infantry for the purpose of Doctrines. I'm doing this so I can Deep Strike Special Weapons Teams.

It says no where in the Codex (that I can find) that you can't take two Alternate Regimental Organisations, but I could swear I once read that you are limited to one of the three selections. Could anyone clear this up for me? Is it legal to take both Grenadiers and Drop Troops? (Provided I don't apply the Drop Troops Doctrine to the Grenadiers).

Thanks again. :grin:

·
Registered
176 Posts
You can take both Drop Troops and Grenadiers. It doesn't effect the Grenadiers anyway since they're not "Guard Infantry".

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You can take both Drop Troops and Grenadiers. It doesn't effect the Grenadiers anyway since they're not "Guard Infantry".
I know, I mentioned that in my post.

The reason I'm doing it is so that my Special Weapons Teams can Deep Strike. I'm giving them fairly short ranged weapons, and I don't want to risk them footslogging across the board.

My only problem was I wasn't too sure if you could take two Alternate Regimental Organisations, since I could vaguely remember reading something that said you couldn't.

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
I've never read anything that restricts taking more than one. I say its cool, though I don't use doctrines, so I may have missed something.

·
Registered
132 Posts
As long as you do not violate any other rule the Codex does NOT restrict the number of Alternate Regemental Organizations you can have.

Although Drop Troops and Mechanized are mutually exclusive as one applies only to units without transports and the other requires all units to have transports.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks very much to all of you for your replies. :)

I think I'll just take both Doctrines and if anyone has a problem with it, they can show me where the rule is that forbids it. But I figure if the Codex doesn't say anything about it, I should be fine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts