125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the codex it says that the members of the Inner Circle are the following:

Supreme Grand Master
Grand Masters
Interrogator-Chaplains
Librarians
Master of the Forge

Now my question is, who are the Grand Masters? Throughout the fluff there is Ezekiel, Grand Master Librarian and Sapphon, Grand Master Chaplain. They are obviously Grand Masters. But are the "Captains" of each Company Grand Masters as well or just Company Masters? Are they different ranks? If you looks at Belial his entry names him Master Belial of the Deathwing. As you read his entry he is then immediately called the Grand Master of the Deathwing. So is Master just a shortening for Grand Master or is Belial only a Grand Master because it is Deathwing?

Thanks in advance for the help!

·
Super Moderator
10,978 Posts
Belial is a GM because of his role as the head of the Deathwing. Same for Sammael in the Ravenwing.

I`m not sure about the other captains. From what I understand, I don`t think they are initiated.

·
Deathwing Commissar
1,846 Posts
The Captains are Masters (per their title), and as such less knowledgeable on the secrets of the Dark Angels than the Grand Masters.

·
Registered
12 Posts
The Grand Masters are the leaders of the DA Successor groups such as Angels of Redemption, Guardians of the Covenant, Angels of Absolution, Disciples of Caliban, etc. All are members of the Inner Circle.

All Librarians and Chaplains are members of the Inner Circle.

The higher the rise in rank, the more they learn about The Fallen's treachery.

All Grand Masters answer to the Supreme Grand Master of the DA Chapter.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts