Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I'm currently looking for a new army to focus my efforts on, I've always done either sm (in some shape or form) guard or elder and I want to try something totally different so I was thinking nids but I've no experience with them whatsoever, not got the dex but I love the models, but are they a competitive army in this edition of the rule book? It seems to me a very shooty orientated game now and although I assume nids can take shooty they are surely more cc based. Are they worth it or am I going to spend a lot of money (and more importantly time) on something where every battle will be very hard fought to claw (pun) a victory? I look forward to your opinions and maybe any nid players suggest a few units to take or base a list around?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hey,

In my opinion the latest Nids codex is somewhat average.

For you, coming from Guard and Eldar you will probably notice an increase in difficulty in winning if you plan on playing competitively at least.

That is not to say they are unplayable, they certainly are, and have a couple strong builds. They are just not a high tier as some of the other armies out there.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts