Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I have been playing again with my CSM and i am now looking into Huron Blackheart. One of my question concerning this warlord trait is since the rule says: "Nominate up to D3 Infantry units in your army..." Note that it does not say CSM army, does that mean that i can use infiltrate on daemon units too?

Also, just to make sure I am not mistaken, i have read on another thread that if you give infiltrate to a IC, he can then join another unit before deployment providing them infiltrate too...Everyone was agreeing that it can be done (sorry i do not have the link to the thread)..

So i started reading this morning but when you read the special character rules, it clearly says, that special abilities like infiltrate cannot be transferred....If a IC has it, it does not give it to the unit he joins...or vice versa...

So let's say i would like to infiltrate Karanak with a pack of flesh hounds, i would need to roll a 3 or higher when rolling for master of deception in order to provide infiltrate to both units...would i be right????

Sorry if this is a little bit messy, but i am trying to figure out how much i can push that outflank rule...

Infiltrating CSM is a good thing, but infiltrating huge units of flesh hounds is downright scary...hope i can do it...

Anyway, thanks for your help guys.

·
Rattlehead
6,741 Posts
Yes, you can. Under Allies of Convenience, it states that Allies of Convenience 'may not benefit from Warlord Traits'. Therefore, Warlord Traits affect Battle Brothers.

Midnight

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, you can. Under Allies of Convenience, it states that Allies of Convenience 'may not benefit from Warlord Traits'. Therefore, Warlord Traits affect Battle Brothers.
Niiiice...

and am i right about the application of Infiltrate to Independant characters and the squad they join?

Tks for your help.

·
Rattlehead
6,741 Posts
Yes, if the Independant Character has Infiltrate it transfers to the squad he joins; however, Independanct Characters without Infiltrate cannot join squads with it.

Midnight

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, if the Independant Character has Infiltrate it transfers to the squad he joins; however, Independanct Characters without Infiltrate cannot join squads with it.

Midnight
What you said about IC without infiltrate is confirmed on page 38 in the Rule book, however, if you go to page 39 (small rule book) where they talk about Independent Characters, it clearly says the following:

"Unless specified in the rule itself, the unit's special rules are not conferred upon Independent Characters, and the independent characters special rules are not conferred upon the unit...."

When i read the infiltrate description it is not written that an Independent character with the infiltrate special rule confers it to the squad he joins....Am i missing something?
Would you please be kind enough to let me know where in the rule book it rules what you are saying? I would like to know in case someone tells me i cannot do this...in that case i can back my play with the official rules.

Sorry about all my questions, your help is truly appreciated.

Regards.

P.S: Sorry about my english...

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I see, it is a good thing that i have a rule book in English too because the french one does not explain it like that at all, it does not even address that issue..

Tks for your help, i would give you some rep, but apparently, i need to spread it around before giving you some again.....

·
Super Moderator
5,719 Posts
So let's say i would like to infiltrate Karanak with a pack of flesh hounds, i would need to roll a 3 or higher when rolling for master of deception in order to provide infiltrate to both units...would i be right????
Don't forget, that neither Flesh Hounds nor Karanak are Infantry so they may not benefit from the master of Deception trait.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
If you want to give something else apart from infantry "Outflank" you need a Slaanesh Lord on Steed.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Don't forget, that neither Flesh Hounds nor Karanak are Infantry so they may not benefit from the master of Deception trait.
That is so true...my mistake, i was already dreaming of flesh hounds outflanking...dammit

If you want to give something else apart from infantry "Outflank" you need a Slaanesh Lord on Steed.
That is a good idea actually, i love slaneesh units in the CSM...they won me a Ard boyz game a few days ago, they are very effective units....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts