Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sadly my brothers, I fell to the hands of chaos up to 5th edition so I began to discover the old world of the powerfull chaos codex of 3.5-4th edition were each legion has it's own goodies.

I want to ask for those who have been here more time than I, in that era there were specific troop boxes for each legion or they were all normal chaos marines with just the diferenciation of the cult troops like now?

Thanks and praises all.

·
Registered
317 Posts
They had their own boxes and rules sets. Thousand Sons, Khorne Beserkers, Plague Marines, and Noise Marines. You can still use those models in 5th ed, but the chaos god specific armies lost all their flare:(

·
Powered by Squig Tea
7,589 Posts
Yep the four powers had their boxes as well as the Undivided legions
Iron Warriors and Night Lords.

I think those six boxes that were all that were released.

Metal shoulder pads were done for all in second edition, but may still be available via mail order.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yep the four powers had their boxes as well as the Undivided legions
Iron Warriors and Night Lords.

I think those six boxes that were all that were released.

Metal shoulder pads were done for all in second edition, but may still be available via mail order.
I see, I see. Indeed, the Shoulder pads are still up in mail order. So just the night lords and the iron warriors. I see. The Alpha and the Word Bearers were always buil up by the standar box.

Thanks.

·
Ancient Relic
2,430 Posts
yep, i bought the chaos dex as my first in christmas 2006, built and painted (very badly) 1000pts of world eaters by july and the new dex came out in september 2007, fucking my world eater plans right out the door. as soon as that dex came out, you just here a hard man voice: "you just got fucked by the long dick of the law...and games workshop." (spits on the floor in disgust)

·
Registered
210 Posts
The old Chaos Dex was a bit of a mess when it came to building the army as there were just too many combos to keep track of: imagine each unit entry the same as it was but the characters could have been 4 or 5 pages. Your Lord was a Deamon Prince if he had this or this but not this and he was or wasn't affected by certain other weapons if he exceeded his Gift points limit which was different from his wargear limit...

They tried to reduce this by cutting out some of the options but they wielded the knife and cut too deeply and so made things a poor copy of its former self. As a result it hasn't translated that well to 5th ed.

You'd like to think a new book is out in the next year or 2 and it'll change that. Some smalls things like giving Daemon Princes Chaos Armour for 20 points (2+ save) or making things that aren't Plague Marines, Daemon Princes and Obliterators compete for use in their respective slots because those three really are just that much better than most of the other options in the same Force Org slot at the moment.

·
Ancient Relic
2,430 Posts

You'd like to think a new book is out in the next year or 2 and it'll change that. Some smalls things like giving Daemon Princes Chaos Armour for 20 points (2+ save) or making things that aren't Plague Marines, Daemon Princes and Obliterators compete for use in their respective slots because those three really are just that much better than most of the other options in the same Force Org slot at the moment.
dont forget kharn and khorne berzerkers, that tallies up to a whopping 5 viable units in the codex, like holy shit, i have never seen such a diverse range of options or army list possibilities, except maybe necrons, who have a gargantuan total of 3 decent units.

·
Registered
23 Posts
dont forget kharn and khorne berzerkers, that tallies up to a whopping 5 viable units in the codex, like holy shit, i have never seen such a diverse range of options or army list possibilities, except maybe necrons, who have a gargantuan total of 3 decent units.
fuck me please by all mean name them cuz i can see lord maybe ? from my point of view im being bent over by GW as i have 4000pts of necrons and 11,000 pts of chaos thats my 12 obliterator force!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts