Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i messed up makeing a devilfex and up with this...

Syctheing talons
twin linked devourers
enhanced senses
Tusked

soooo should i take him apart or what? anything i could add to make him work since he looks prettybad ass lol (yes i am a noob)

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
you could still use him.

if you want you can take him apart, but do it slowly to make sure it doesn't break.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
true but in his state atm is he playable the tusked give him +2 attacks when he charges do they not? and the linked devs give him the ability to shoot well he moves in. crap double post

·
Registered
598 Posts
dw.
its an okay model..i know ppl who prefer long range weapons on the fex or just pure combat. seems like your a mix..if it fits with your tactics...then i see no problem
but if you dont like it...like Dragon said..slowly..dont wanna break a fexy!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
dw.
its an okay model..i know ppl who prefer long range weapons on the fex or just pure combat. seems like your a mix..if it fits with your tactics...then i see no problem
but if you dont like it...like Dragon said..slowly..dont wanna break a fexy!
ah cool thanks i do like close combat the best but everyone nees there back up fire power ;), should i add tusk's to it tho? they arnt glued on atm....they give a nice +2 attacks when i charge but put me out of range of useing this guy as an elite.

·
Registered
598 Posts
if you starting off..keep him as heavy and throw those tusk on!
but if you've already got a large army..then elite might be the way to go.
depends on your situation

·
Registered
328 Posts
Just on a side note; what i've discovered is when building a model i'm not sure i will keep the equipment, i only use a small amount of superglue as it will be a clean snap and easy to pull off compared to plasticglue which melts the pieces together.
And it's up to you on whether or not you want tusks, but it sounds like you really want to use them so go right ahead.

·
Registered
112 Posts
If you aren't trying to build a tournament list, and you think he looks cool, then keep him as is. Besides, when 5th addition rolls around, CC fexes will actually be able to make it across the board if the rumored march move pulls through.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I typically make my 'Fexes either Ranged or CC rather than give them two roles to fill. The problem comes with efficiency - if they are firing, then the ST aren't useful. If they are in CC, then the Devourers are being wasted.
This it an excellent reason to look at magnetizing 'Fexes with rare earth magnets so you can change them from game to game (and rule set to rules set).
Amazing Magnets sells rare earth magnets for $7 for 100, so doing so is ridiculously cheaper than having a 'Fex for every option it can take. I made the mistake of getting their smallest disc magnets which are too small for a MC's weapons but useful for other things. I need to order more.

·
Premium Member
6,544 Posts
Do they have a website? If they do, I think we'd all appreciate a link! That's a great price, after all. I've been meaning to get some so I can magnetize arms on my Space Marine special weapons troopers and whatnot.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
I like him the way he is. The best Guardsmen killer ever. Give him a Scythe Tail and call it done!

-Dirge
mmmmm humans taste like chickens dey do!:biggrin:

Also..i shall call it....THE JACKOFEX! it shoots worm like things at its enemys (space marines, we all know there really little boys playing em) then it rips there clothes off and eats them! PERFECT NAME!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts