Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys and gals, I did a quick search but nothing came up so I thought I'd ask. I have two three questions: Firstly, when playing games of 2000pts or larger the force organisation chart doubles, is this optional, or do you have to have two primary detachments, ie at least four troops and two HQs? Secondly if I want to have two allied detachments in an army, must I have two primary detachments also? and finally if I have two allied detachments in an army, do they have to be from the same codex, for example if I am fielding and Eldar army army, can I choose options from Codex Dark Eldar as one allied detachment and then options form the FW Eldar Corsairs list as the other allied detachment, or am I limited to taking allies from one or the other?

·
Super Moderator
6,195 Posts
1. No you do not have to do allies or split your FOC if you go past 2k points. If you are wanting to go beyond standard FoC limits you have to do the 2 primary thing though (2 hq, 4 troops)

2. To take two allies you need to take two primary.

3. The two allies have to be from the same codex.

·
Banned
7,889 Posts
Hi guys and gals, I did a quick search but nothing came up so I thought I'd ask. I have two three questions: Firstly, when playing games of 2000pts or larger the force organisation chart doubles, is this optional, or do you have to have two primary detachments, ie at least four troops and two HQs?
No it is optional. You can have just 1 PD if you want.

Secondly if I want to have two allied detachments in an army, must I have two primary detachments also?
Yes, one ally per primary.

finally if I have two allied detachments in an army, do they have to be from the same codex
Yes, Page 110, second paragraph, second last sentence.

Edit: Ninja'd

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for thye nspeedy reply guys.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts