Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So for my project log I'm planning on doing a big church with a courtyard like area in front of it surrounded by a wall of martyrs defence line. I'd like my models to have a similar base but there will be a lot of differences in the on board.

So I'm trying to plan how I should go about basing my models. I figure it's best to plan this before I start putting them together since I may end up having to pull the models off the base to add details. My basic Frateris Militiamen will be manning the wall of martyr, so something grate like should work for that right? Something possibly from the Warhammer basing kit? As for the sisters I imagine they may either be also on the wall at the front, or standing back in the courtyard as I've yet to figure out what is going to go in the court yard.

Anyway, I could use some pointers in going about this, I'm really taking this seriously and don't want to mess it up, it's my chance to have an army I really love.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
mmh. my take on it would be to base every area terrain with 2 common "natural" and "manmade" basing: lets say, "scorched earth" and "concrete". That way i could base my army models with a mixture of the same basings, mybe mixing the two on the biggest bases (40mm / flyers and the like). So if i plan to put my, say, Havoc squad always in area terrain, i'd base them in "concrete", while my Khorne berzerkers, the aggressors running along the field, i'd go for "scorched earth"
For the frateris militia i'd go for the "grate", yes. The squads that will go on the open however should be based, imo, with the "natural" basing style. You will never know where they can end!

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
AS for how you would actually going about basing the models I am unsure, as I don't know how you want the basing to look, or the the gravel etc. But something I find certainly helps is leaving the bases off of the models until its finished and use PVA to stick the models to bases (it works surprisingly well).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts