Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought the 2 player starter battle box for me and my son. Pictures i've seen of the Warmachine mini's have always looked good to me. Now, when I opened the box to put some work into my new shiney's, I was REALLY surprised. Every single model has an absurd amount of mold lines and large chunks of extra material stuck to them.
Well, what I'm getting at is this: Is this the model standard for the company? The boxes that you can buy (not the starter) like this? I don't mind some putting in some work to make them all look good, but I was highly disapointed in how much extra flash/mould lines were on them.

·
Mad as a sack of Squigs
2,035 Posts
I had a similar experience with the Hordes 2 player starter set but found although there was more flashing and mold lines they were in more conveniant places and much easier to remove thqn any other system I have previously played. As for the rest of the range its not as bad as the starter although most of my purchases now are metal

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
I got the battle box, and cleaning the flash took a while (the hard plastic makes it a bit more annoying to clean), but I got no big chunky bits outside of a couple of nodes in places that wouldn't be seen (so I could chop them off without worrying to much about what was underneath). If it's really bad, consider dropping them a line at their replacement parts portal (http://privateerpress.com/support/customers), they're usually pretty good about solving problems.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its nothing bad enough that I'd want to get them to replace anything, mostly because I can clean it all up/fill holes. It's more that I'm highly disappointed in the quality. The hard plastic does make it a bit rougher, but my Dremel likes the challenge.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts