Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I thought that the purple on my Dark Angels Successors was a bit too bright so I made it darker. I liked it and here's a tute.

Step 1
Base the areas to be purple in a mix of 1:1:4 Chaos Black:Mechrite Red:Liche Purple. Keep this thin.

Step 2
Make a wash of 1:1:2:10 Purple Ink:Chaos Black:'Ardcoat:Water and coat the purple in it. Don't just coat the surface but the adjoining crevacess as these are the shading.

Step 3
Rebase the surfaces with the mix in step 1. Keep this thin and leave a fair bit of the wash showing for shading purposes.

Step 4
Highlight the purple with 3:1 Liche Purple:Chaos Black carefully, leaving a bit of the previous mix showing.

Step 5
Highlight with straight Liche Purple.

Simple. Effective.

Have fun with this.

Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
it looks great but why put ardcoat in the wash? it just makes your shading shiny, does it make the wash easier to use or what? im kind of a noob when it comes to using ardcoat or pva with my paint, really confused

·
Registered
26 Posts
OMG!!, thats awesome painting Dude.
I am kind of a noob at painting, but this looks worth trying.
My marines are a basic version of what you have above, and I have been looking for a more complex paint scheme.

How do you measure out the ratios of the mixes?
Should I undercoat the models chaos black first?
Howd you do the green?

·
Registered
630 Posts
The purple and green was never one of my fav color combos but the result is pretty good.

·
Registered
470 Posts
I would've left out Step Five, personally, but even so, not at all a bad technique. It'd work quite well for Slaaneshi types, methinks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts