Justicar + Meltabombs
6 PAGK

GK Squad
Justicar + Meltabombs
6 PAGK

Land Raider

Dreadnought, T/L Lascannon, DCCW

Dreadnought, T/L Lascannon, DCCW

My Previous Gk lists struggled with Vehicles (Any vehicle lol) so I have tried to squeeze in as much as possible.

I find PAGK tend to suffer in CC against most newer codexes, however the Q&A states that the daemonhunter SC do not count towards their respective 0-1 limit so the Grandmaster and BC Stern are attached to PAGK squad each. The GKT ride in the Land Raider.

Im short by a few points, but frustratingly not enough to get another body in there.....

Anyways I would be grateful for everyones thoughts and suggestions.

Thanks

·
Registered
54 Posts
when i like to play as the GK i all ways bring a full Sq od Termiater's (10man) the points are worth it,i all ways bring a GK Hero to then but him with the other GK's,that all ways owns for me.
i never us Vehicle's the olny thing i use is Dreadnought's
i allso make a 2 (10) man troops too for whatever the game is. This is a army list for me

HQ
-inquisitor lord
-Needle pistol
-bolter pistol
-GK hero

Troops
-GK Justicar
-GK (9)
-GK Justicar
-GK (9)

-Brother Captain
-GK Terminators(9)
-Brother Captain
-GK Terminators(5)

Total=1,512p

its more for a fighting in close combat well that's what i do when i play WarHammer 40K.
its not the best but i use it and i win i dont belive in numbars just luck. :D

·
Registered
157 Posts
Any pure GK list will have problems with vehicles, just the way it is. I play against marines frequently and the game boils down to either I kill two rhinos or I lose. I always bring 3 dreads, and a lord with 2 MM and 1 PC gun servitors if not pure GK. Taking the above mentioned terminators will die in a fire where I play. There are too many AP pie plate and plasma stuff at my local store. I usually field as many GKPA as I can. However there are just some games that are over before they start because a well played shooting army or tank line will destroy GK.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Any pure GK list will have problems with vehicles, just the way it is. I play against marines frequently and the game boils down to either I kill two rhinos or I lose. I always bring 3 dreads, and a lord with 2 MM and 1 PC gun servitors if not pure GK. Taking the above mentioned terminators will die in a fire where I play. There are too many AP pie plate and plasma stuff at my local store. I usually field as many GKPA as I can. However there are just some games that are over before they start because a well played shooting army or tank line will destroy GK.
Ya but if your are fighting a army,likw orks,blood angels and more. Then Terminators are great,but yes if you face a shooting Army like,imperial guard,eldar,drak eldar , then yes you are down for.That is why i dont play as the Gk any more.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hmm its interesting how different people play Gk! At the end of the day it all down to your experience and choice! BC Stern always works really well for me as I find his ability to re-roll a dice per phase invaluble and for his points surpisngly good! Guess thats just been luck so far tho......

Thanks to Physco clown for your points, however I have trimmed down on my termies after having tried both 10 man squads and 3 5 Man squads they are just decimated too quickly! (Surprisingly, opponents only seem to have co-ordinated target priority when theyre aiming at GKTs...........)

Also Physco clown , why the Inq. Lord may I ask? You havent given him a retinue or any useful equipment, so he seems like a bit of a waste of 51 pts tbh

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hmm its interesting how different people play Gk! At the end of the day it all down to your experience and choice! BC Stern always works really well for me as I find his ability to re-roll a dice per phase invaluble and for his points surpisngly good! Guess thats just been luck so far tho......

Thanks to Physco clown for your points, however I have trimmed down on my termies after having tried both 10 man squads and 3 5 Man squads they are just decimated too quickly! (Surprisingly, opponents only seem to have co-ordinated target priority when theyre aiming at GKTs...........)

Also Physco clown , why the Inq. Lord may I ask? You havent given him a retinue or any useful equipment, so he seems like a bit of a waste of 51 pts tbh
Your wellcome for the points ,taht was one of my list i used when playing the Gk and i won.
i but the inq becasue you need a Hq so i just put him in there and let him die or w/e he is nothing to be just a HQ slot lol.
but for me i bring atleast a 10 mean unit of GKT's becasue they own for me,but it all so counts on what mission you play to and army.
Gk are a very hard army to get to know becasue they are alot of points for everything they have.
So i just play as Black Templars now they are easyer,to know and plus they own in combat i have never lost combat with the Empror's chamipon yet :D
I well be going back to Gk atfer this campain i am playing i cant swicth my army

·
Registered
54 Posts
allso Gk stem is good he is wroth it. all wasy get him

·
Registered
414 Posts
Also never ever ever ever give terminator squads holocaust now. Perils of the warp means every one of them takes a wound and with invul saves only, and rerolled of sucessful.

So yeah on a double 1 or a double 6 your whole terminator squad is dead pretty much.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Haha yes I have already had a 5 Man Retinue wipe them selves out!!
However the Hammerhand power is still useful as is scourging although over priced unless your fighting an infantry army. Sanctuary looks powerful, but I have so seldomly seen a Daemon Army that I have never bothered taking it. Can anyone recomend any others?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Try using some of the Death-Cult Assassins or the 4 Temple Assassin.
I like to us the Callidus Temple Assassin,it can be put were ever you went it to on the battle Filed and and it can move and shoot normal once she comes on the bord.So i would but that in your army Callidus Temple Assassin is wroth 120pt just get it its good for attcking a troop,or just get 3 death-cult assassins they are good to.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts