Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So guys ,
here is my Compeditive Blood Angel Army up for C and C I think its pretty close to being perfected maybe just some minor changes here and there..

C and C welcome and apreciated!

HQ:

Librarian : 125
with jump pack, fear of darkness, unleash rage

Elite:

Sanguinary priest : 75
with jump pack

with jump pack

Troop:

9 assault marines : 207
with meltagun and powerfist

9 assault marines :207

9 assault marines : 212
with meltagun and thunderhammer

Fast Attack :

3 atack bikes : 150
with 3 multi-meltas

with 3 multi-meltas

with 3 multi-meltas

Heavy Support :

Predator : 136
with lascannons sponsons and searchlight

Total [1748pts]

Farseer Dave.

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
you won't get any comments from me, it looks pretty good.

good hunting.

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
fear is fun but 2 is unnecessary really. Giving one of them unleash will make the unit they attach to all the more powerful for it

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
fear is fun but 2 is unnecessary really. Giving one of them unleash will make the unit they attach to all the more powerful for it
They both have unleash m8?

I assume you mean blood lance or shield of sanguinius?

Farseer Dave.

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
shield sorry. I saw shield there as I was messing with one of my lists :p

·
Registered
157 Posts
Only thing I might suggest if dropping one set of bikes for a 5 man tac squad to hold a home objective, and the above librarian comment.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Why not take the Assault Marines to 10 for the second Melta and the ability to combat squad?

Then you can drop a 5 man squad with 2 Meltas to pop tanks and a 5 man squad to pepper the guys that get out.

With the extra Meltas in the Assault Squads maybe from a bike squad and add a flamestorm Baal w/ or w/o Heavy Flamer Sponsons. Maybe change the reg Preds into auto/heavy b preds.

Just curious as to what your plan is against 4 30 man mobz of ork boyz and lots of lootaz?

·
Registered
5,539 Posts
HQ:

Not bad, but one or both of these guys should probably lose Unleash Rage for Blood Lance. The way to get BA Jumpers to work is to take maximum advantage of Descent of Angels, so put a Librarian into a combat squad of Assault Marines with a meltagun and Deep Strike in and let enemy vehicles have it.

Elite:

with jump pack

with jump pack
Infernus pistols might be nice here, but not strictly necessary.

Troop:

9 assault marines : 207

9 assault marines :207

9 assault marines : 212
with meltagun and thunderhammer
If you're not going to go big with Assault squads (as in a full ten men) go home and take eight in a Rhino instead. Otherwise up these to ten strong and add a second meltagun, then split up and drop in from the skies.

Fast Attack :

with 3 multi-meltas

with 3 multi-meltas

with 3 multi-meltas
If you're going DoA these will probably be out of place and will just give your opponent something to shoot at. If you could drop these altogether and pick up some Vanguard units with infernus pistols and jump packs, you could do some pretty insane damage with a combined Descent of Angels + Heroic Intervention combo.

Heavy Support :

Ick. These things are going to get lit up right quick. As the only armored vehicles around these won't last very long at all. Basically every lascannon/bright lance/missile launcher/rupture cannon shot is going to go right into these two tanks and render them ineffective early on. Instead pick up a couple Rifleman Dreadnoughts. They're smaller and are great at cracking open transports for your Assault Marines to get at the occupants.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
109 Posts
If you're going DoA these will probably be out of place and will just give your opponent something to shoot at. If you could drop these altogether and pick up some Vanguard units with infernus pistols and jump packs, you could do some pretty insane damage with a combined Descent of Angels + Heroic Intervention combo.

Ick. These things are going to get lit up right quick. As the only armored vehicles around these won't last very long at all. Basically every lascannon/bright lance/missile launcher/rupture cannon shot is going to go right into these two tanks and render them ineffective early on. Instead pick up a couple Rifleman Dreadnoughts. They're smaller and are great at cracking open transports for your Assault Marines to get at the occupants.

Hope this helps.
For Heroic Intervention you can't shoot when you do it. So Infernus pistols maybe less effective then on say Sang Guard.

As to the taking the dread over the pred, why? The pred has front AR 13 on the front vs 12 on a dread. TW las/ MS Dread is only 40 pts less then a tw las/ las sponson pred and the pred should have a statically better chance to stand and shoot att las's at one target to pen it.

Just some observations.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was under the impression that vanguard cant do heroic intervention and shoot.
How would you have me tool out the vanguard then? you want me to take out 90% of my anti-tank so Ill need suggestions on how to get anti-tank back in to the list aswell.

Tnks in Advance

Farseer Dave.

·
Registered
5,539 Posts
For Heroic Intervention you can't shoot when you do it. So Infernus pistols maybe less effective then on say Sang Guard.

As to the taking the dread over the pred, why? The pred has front AR 13 on the front vs 12 on a dread. TW las/ MS Dread is only 40 pts less then a tw las/ las sponson pred and the pred should have a statically better chance to stand and shoot att las's at one target to pen it.

Just some observations.
I'm aware that you can't shoot and assault when using Heroic Intervention. Sometimes though you don't want to Heroically Intervene - sometimes there are no good targets or there are no decent spots to try to land, so instead you can just land nice and close and blow the crap out of tanks.

As far as the Dreadnought goes, the short version is that Dreadnoughts can take much better advantage of cover and are cheaper (plus two twin-linked autocannons do far better against most vehicles than lascannons do). I don't think it'll make a gigantic difference one way or another though.

I was under the impression that vanguard cant do heroic intervention and shoot.
How would you have me tool out the vanguard then? you want me to take out 90% of my anti-tank so Ill need suggestions on how to get anti-tank back in to the list aswell.

Tnks in Advance

Farseer Dave.
The Vanguard probably want a couple infernus pistols and a power fist or something. You'll actually have plenty of anti-tank firepower at the end of it. 6 meltaguns from the Assault Squads, 4 infernus pistols from the Vanguard, 2 from the Sanguinary Priests, 2 Blood Lances from the Librarians and 4 twin-linked autocannons from the Dreadnoughts. The army would also be packing 40 jumpers (including Vanguard) which is a lot of angry Assault Marines by anybody's reckoning.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts