Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After seeing them in the news section, I pondered for a couple weeks but eventually broke down and had to buy some. Cyber Arthropods from puppetswar, which I will field as a unit of canoptek wraiths. Assembly is underway, each tail sectioncomes in three parts. Two halves, and then the spike. The torsos and heads are one piece each, and then there are four bladed arms per wraith.

I will post another pic once completed, with a gw canoptek wraith for reference.

Any questions are welcome.

·
Super Moderator
10,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Alright, got one together a little quicker than I thought.

In height, this one is the shortest variant and it matches the shorter variant of the gw wraiths. So completely game legal, no real modeling for advantage issues with this.

A few small gripes, the arms being set up to receive magnets makes them difficult to just glue without some sort of filler or pins. Putting magnets in was equally difficult, as the slots are so close together the second magnet keeps jumping out when I try to glue it in place. In the end, all the arms were just glued instead.

The resin is soft and easy to work with, similar to finecast but feels a good bit sturdier. Best I can tell at this stage it should hold up once the Australian summer rolls around, but I won't be absolutely sure until then.

These models are definitely smaller in bulk, and not as detailed as gw's variants. For their price and alternative appearance however, I still consider them worth it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts