Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Dazed and confused.
8,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This popped up on their FB page. Anyone looking for an alternative Tau walker or knight? I really like the version in the first photo, but there seems to be a lot of scope to construct it just the way you want. The only problem I can foresee is the cost. Most 3rd party companies try to undercut GW, but these lads don't seem bothered to do that. That said, I think a chunk of resin that big might merit the price tag.

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
They also have a Dreadnought-sized walker that also has the cockpit style to it.

I have two issues with this bad boy, though I really do love it.

1. I don't understand why giant robots need to have hands holding the grips for giant guns. I prefer integrated weapons, such as Imperial Knights.

2. They could have done so much more with the guns, but instead stuck to very generic options. Lascannons, Flamers, Meltas, Gatling cannons.

·
Critique for da CriticGod
3,351 Posts
....1. I don't understand why giant robots need to have hands holding the grips for giant guns. I prefer integrated weapons, such as Imperial Knights....
Honestly, hands just make more sense. Not necessarily hands HOLDING the guns, but hands.

Can you imagine a walking-machine that is knocked over trying to get up without hands? Or to help load cargo or build a fortress without hands? I currently can't imagine an imperial knight or dreadnought upended like a sad turtle ever getting back up.

However I totally agree, weapons mounted either on the shoulder, torso, or hands seems to make the most sense. They could be flexible and aim at wide range of targets without impinging on the range of movement.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts