·
Registered
1,101 Posts
50 million dollar question:

why do they look a little cute?

·
Super Moderator
10,978 Posts
Man those are awesome - It would be a no-brainer for me, if I were to collect Necrons.
Oh pshhh, they're good and all but they're not like an impulse insta buy or anythi-

...Never mind, I must have ordered them while I was typing this... :blush:

·
nice boy, daft though !
10,212 Posts

·
Ranty ranter!
2,262 Posts
Odd that these companies focus on alternates for models that are already reaaaaally good from GW, instead of making counts-as for really crappy models, like Dark Eldar Hellions, Khymerae, Razorwing Flocks, Imperial Guard (shiver) Taurox, Tyranid Raveners, that horrendous Dark Angels land speeder plinth-mobile, Eldar Swooping Hawks and all the monopose finecrap junk :dunno:

That said, they are nice, but they're not supplants-GW's-own-wraiths nice.

·
Dazed and confused.
8,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
To be fair though they have considerably less weapon parts and arms and alternate bits, no guns, significantly less detail and they are made of resin, which with that type of tail is a really bad idea, things also worth noting.
If all you want is three wraiths, why spend the extra 12 quid? As this hobby gets more and more expensive, that price difference could mean someone actually getting that unit on the table or not at all.

I know you make your living sucking off the teat of GW, but you don't have to constantly defend them over the smallest little thing.

·
Registered
821 Posts
>> The only fault I can see is the carapace is a little small compared to the GW ones, but othre than that, i would buy them to flesh out my unit. I have spare whips, which I could easily add to these, and as I dont put shooty on them, the lack of parts doesnae bother me. Good job again Puppets.:victory:

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
I'd rather save up a bit longer and buy the GW models. these are pretty ordinary and meh. It's worth it for the extra quality, added box bits, and overall better craftsmanship. That holds true for most instances like this, in fact. I'm with Bits on this. Avatars of War is the one exception I make.

·
nice boy, daft though !
10,212 Posts
I'd rather save up a bit longer and buy the GW models. these are pretty ordinary and meh. It's worth it for the extra quality, added box bits, and overall better craftsmanship. That holds true for most instances like this, in fact. I'm with Bits on this. Avatars of War is the one exception I make.
careful matey dont go praising GW too much, that's just not okay to do round here, you will be branded a teat suckler and made to feel dirty for putting food on your families table, even though you have been a GW fan for almost 30 years people will treat you like the no good grey crack peddler whos just here to flog shit, or is that just reserved for me?

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
careful matey dont go praising GW too much, that's just not okay to do round here, you will be branded a teat suckler and made to feel dirty for putting food on your families table, even though you have been a GW fan for almost 30 years people will treat you like the no good grey crack peddler whos just here to flog shit, or is that just reserved for me?

I am rolling my eyes right there next to ya, don't worry.

·
Super Moderator
10,978 Posts
or is that just reserved for me?
Actually, your fondness for gw products is in fact shared by the majority of us. But the fact is many other companies are closing the gap in terms of quality while remaining cheaper in price. We all know there are technical business reasons for this, but the real issue is that your consistent nitpicks on non-gw products and parties are getting... less relevant.

I generally don't bother saying anything, I even agree with you half the time, but the fact that your business relies on gw makes it look seedy sometimes. Want to promote gw? That's fine. I'm sure you can do it without resorting to attacking every other brand. :)

·
nice boy, daft though !
10,212 Posts
Actually, your fondness for gw products is in fact shared by the majority of us. But the fact is many other companies are closing the gap in terms of quality while remaining cheaper in price. We all know there are technical business reasons for this, but the real issue is that your consistent nitpicks on non-gw products and parties are getting... less relevant.

I generally don't bother saying anything, I even agree with you half the time, but the fact that your business relies on gw makes it look seedy sometimes. Want to promote gw? That's fine. I'm sure you can do it without resorting to attacking every other brand. :)
I dont attack every other brand ffs, if anything I point out the glaring flaws people on forums seems unable to see with faux GW products, its almost considered uncool to praise GWs efforts but its perfecrly ok nay encouraged to have a huge boner for stuff produced to proxy for GW minis even when that stuff is sub par like these necron wraith rip offs, yet again though it seems im not allowed to voice my opinion because it must be seedy? This forum has really changed.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Super Moderator
10,978 Posts
I dont attack every other brand ffs, if anything I point out the glaring flaws people on forums seems unable to see with faux GW products, its almost considered uncool to praise GWs efforts but its perfecrly ok nay encouraged to have a huge boner for stuff produced to proxy for GW minis even when that stuff is sub par like these necron wraith rip offs, yet again though it seems im not allowed to voice my opinion because it must be seedy? This forum has really changed.
Then why do I never see you point out glaring flaws with gw products?

And further, why the fuck does it even matter? Most third party manufacturers have reached a quality level that gw sat at for years, and plenty of them are now equal or on par, a few even superior.

And nobody said you're not allowed to voice your opinion. I was just voicing mine as well. :)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts