Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2,844 Posts
Can I make a CRAZY suggestion?

I don't know points off the top of my head, so forgive me if I'm spewing idiocy...

Drop Belial for Sammael, which converts your Ravenwing into troops. Drop your Deathwing completely, or just run a squad or two in the elite section.

Instead, use the GK Nemesis Strike Force detachment. You can get a VERY good Librarian at Mastery 3 if you wanted, fairly cheap. No conversion field, but he's got Adamant Will to start, or you can give him something fun like FNP termie armor.

You can have cheap GK Terminators, and while you can't go TH/Shield, you CAN give everyone Hammers, or cheaper Halberds (S6 with Hammerhand) and go to town in close combat. No plasma, but you can have Psycannons if you'd like.

Plus, with that particular detachment, you still get your turn 1 drop, with a free run on top of a round of shooting. Not twin-linked, but still solid (and hey, nothing stops Libby from having Prescience).

Of course, this goes completely against the part where you mentioned that you were working with what you already have in your inventory, but it's another way to do a similar job.

· Registered
2,844 Posts
Not bad. I can't paint flesh to save my life, so mine will be helmeted, and I couldn't find enough points for a storm bolter (check my list in the Gk forums, please!), so I'll end up using an open hand and a book, I think.

· Registered
2,844 Posts
My thoughts, basically: If you're gonna do a termiforce, do a termiforce. To hell with what you're going to expect. If you're running Ntaw's list, you'll have blast temptlates to help absorb the hordes, and an incinerator (never count out the incinerator). You could also use Dreadknights instead of the Mortis... you'd lose range (but could add teleporting) and use Psycannons or Torrent flamers.

If we're sticking purely to DA (which I'm more than willing to do), I'd go Plasma over Missile every day. Mostly because that's DA's bag. You've seen some of my DA lists before; I love RavenDeath lists, hate that White Scars can mostly do it better. I'll run Corvex with its plasma cannon, DW with their Plasma Cannons, RWASs with their plasmas... and then just lots and lots of bolters. The squads fail against hordes, but I just don't care.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.