Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I've been playing warhammer 40k for a little over 6 months but never used psykers. I have a couple of questions as I am about to start learning/using them with my Daemon Prince, please help if possible.

For each Chaos god they have a primaris power then 3 more powers. How exactly do I choose which power(s) to use?

I understand that different models have 1 or more warp charges and that relates to how many I can use per turn, that is in the rule book. Just unsure about the primaris power. I am thinking it could be D6 for the other powers.

Anyway, any help/guidance would be appreciated.

Jon.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
To choose powers from the god listed powers in the chaos codex - you'd roll a D3 (d6 where a 1-2 =1, 3-4 = 2, 5-6=3) and you can swap 1 power you roll for the primaris power.
To choose powers from the BRB, you'd roll a d6 and if you want the primaris, you'd swap one power for it again.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Thank you. I did think that would be the case for the main powers just wasn't sure how the primaris power came in.

Just found the other psyker info near the back of the rule book. I first thought you'd role every turn for a psyker power but I think it says role once at the start and that ability remains yours for the entire game.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Yeah, you just roll once at the start of the game :)

Can you imagine the outcry if you had to roll every turn? The amount of super psykers like Eldrad and Ahriman who're both at least 10,000 years old in the fluff being unable to remember a power for longer than five minutes!? :laugh:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts