Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So a number of races in 40k have some form of psyker. I was wondering, fluff wise, what are some of the more impressive psychic feats accomplished by an individual. Also, what are some of the more unique or interesting abilities some psykers have displayed.
Daemons don't count and lets leave the Emperor out of it.
Also, the Hive Mind as a whole doesn't count but indivdual Tyranid feats do.
I'm gonna start of with Old Zogwort featured in the 4th Orks codex. He released a blast that took out a whole IG company (though he did lose an eye in doing so) and also supposedly has the ability to turn his enemies into squigs. Also, inquisitor Briseis Ligeia featured in the one Grey Knights novel had quite an interesting ability concerning information and in her battle with a chaos sorcerer showed that, with some training, she had the potential to do a lot more than just absorb and process knowledge.

·
Bane of Empires
5,131 Posts
An obvious one that springs to mind is the Rubric of Ahriman.

Physically destroying an entire Legion of Astartes and enveloping an entire planet in warp energy which was so potent that daemons fled in fear... pretty badass.

·
Registered
394 Posts
For me Ravenor re-wrote the book on stuff that I thought was possible, he posseses people and can take on an astral form thats capable of roaming through cities and reading the minds of its inhabitants.

Slightly off topic for a second but was there a throwawy reference, possibly in Malleus but def in an Eisenhorn book, to Eisenhorn having some telekenesis powers? I seem to remember him using it to levitate a hold out blaster to his hand when he's chasing one of the rogue inquisitors but never mentions it again despite its obvious use in certain circumstances. I havent got the book with me. I only ask because TK seems to be rarely used by even powerful psykers let alone one who is, by his own admission, relatively weak.

·
Registered
390 Posts
I'm gonna start of with Old Zogwort featured in the 4th Orks codex. He released a blast that took out a whole IG company (though he did lose an eye in doing so) and also supposedly has the ability to turn his enemies into squigs.
Well I'm gonna start off with magnus the well read. He 'cured' his entire legion of the fleshchange that their gene-seed caused when they used their powers (though he did lose an eye in doing so) and fought off two titans at the single-handedly.

I also think that the card trick that ahriman did in 'A Thousand Sons' was pretty cool.

The psychneuein from the same book are quite neat- they lay their eggs inside of your brain by teleporting them there where they mature into lavae and then eat their way out:shok:

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
In Soul Drinkers novels a "very Nurgly" Alpha Psyker had seven or so Planets of Zombies and couldnt even be touch by Sarpedons Psychic might. He Did it all Levitate, held a Battleship together with his Powers, created a uncuarbale disease that ravage worlds, and ruled over Hivecities worth of Zombies. Pretty bad ass.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Esarhaddon from the second Eisenhorn book displayed some pretty awesome telepathic skills. Literally dominating the wills of hundreds if not thousands of people simultaneously and just using them as puppets against the inquisition. His supposed 'secret' capture and switch seemed a bit weak in my opinion. That inquisitor must have gotten extremely lucky and then still have had to time it perfectly, otherwise he would have been toast.

·
Super Moderator
10,978 Posts
Esarhaddon from the second Eisenhorn book displayed some pretty awesome telepathic skills. Literally dominating the wills of hundreds if not thousands of people simultaneously and just using them as puppets against the inquisition. His supposed 'secret' capture and switch seemed a bit weak in my opinion. That inquisitor must have gotten extremely lucky and then still have had to time it perfectly, otherwise he would have been toast.
Said Inquisitor had the aid of a daemonhost, and a fucking strong one at that.

Uber psykers? How `bout the Doom of Malan`Tai? One bug takes out a craftworld, that`s pretty epic. :biggrin:

And let`s not forget the blue guy, Tigurius, able to steal thoughts from the Hive Mind without being blasted to insanity takes a hell of a lot of willpower.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Said Inquisitor had the aid of a daemonhost, and a fucking strong one at that.
I was actually talking about Inquisitor Lyko who kidnapped Esarhaddon for Quixos.

·
Super Moderator
10,978 Posts
:grin: Oh right, that. Well technically, it was Cherubael who killed the titan wasn`t it?

The staff failed, and Bequin was taken into a coma.

And since we`re discounting daemons, and Bequin isn`t a psyker anyway, I am gonna say no. :no:

·
Registered
488 Posts
Well it was basically an Inquisitor with a retinue of daemonhost and mystic, and he used a psyker power that sacrificed the mystic and gave the daemonhost deep strike, fleet, 10 power fist attacks at strength 10 and an invulnerable save :p

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
The Alpha psykers who escape from containment during the triumphal march in the first Eisenhorn book. They do all sorts of funky stuff, from possessing the mind of an Astartes (clouding his mind to what was actually happening), telekenesis, manipulation of warp energy as 'bolts' of lightning, possessing machines, possessing servitors... It was a hell of a show!

GFP

·
Super Moderator
10,978 Posts
All just to show off their dominance. First the Inquisitors, then the psykers...

And since no BA player has mentioned him yet, I will bring up Calistarius aka Mephiston. A psyker of strong mind and body, able to rip carnifexes up barehanded and resist the black rage. What a trooper! :victory:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts