Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick question, do psychic attacks need to be fired using the shooter's BS skill? Do I need to take a psychic test before, then roll using my BS to hit?

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Quick question, do psychic attacks need to be fired using the shooter's BS skill? Do I need to take a psychic test before, then roll using my BS to hit?
It would depend. Psychic abilities that occur during the shooting phase are classified as shooting psychic attacks. However, some say that they auto hit. In that case, no. If it doesn't say you auto hit and there is a weapon profile, then yes, you use your BS. You take the test before rolling to hit with the power.

Edit: For tyranids, all auto hit except the zoanthropes. All ork ones auto hit. All the Space Marine ones seem to need to use BS except f0r the non-weapon profile such as null zone. Don't know any other armies.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
It would depend. Psychic abilities that occur during the shooting phase are classified as shooting psychic attacks.
So what about Shield of Snaguinius then?

If it's a Pyschic shooting attack then it will say "psychic shooting attack". You ALWAYS ahve to take a test unless it says otherwise in the codex and you must also always use the users BS agian unless other wise stated.
For example;
Eldar Warlocks can be given Desructor, a shooting attacking. However the codex says that they do not need to test to use it(effectivly an invisable, light as air Heavy flamer)
Jaws of the World Wolf needs a test as all other do, however it casts in a stright line and doen't roll to hit as it has a special method of shooting

·
Registered
127 Posts
and you must also always use the users BS agian unless other wise stated.
you don't use bs unless it states you do for the specific spell, you have to have all the other things for shooting like LOS and not in assault ect but generally it's like any other psychic power, you pass you hit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts