Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question about Psychic Powers in the shooting phase that are blasts. Does it scatter like a normal blast weapon? Or how do you resolve where it hits?

An example would be Soulstorm

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
unless the codex says otherwise then it still scatters

·
Premium Member
5,719 Posts
I beg to differ. unless the codex specifies there is a "to- Hit" roll they do not scatter.

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
I beg to differ. unless the codex specifies there is a "to- Hit" roll they do not scatter.
Why would you say that? I would assume that a blast psychic attack that has a weapon profile with blast listed would scatter as per a blast weapon. Or is this Soulstorm different from a zoanthrope?

·
Premium Member
5,719 Posts
Unless it is a power that does not roll to hit, which is what the scatter roll is for Blasts. Some PSAs state they roll to-hit and some do not.

·
Registered
7,314 Posts
All blasts scatter so far. Eldritch Storm is a good example, you place it down on the Table, then it scatters.

Thunderclap is the only Blast Template on e I know of that doesn't scatter but then it's special.

Aramoro

·
Registered
390 Posts
All shooting psychic powers follow the rules for normal weapons unless stated otherwise so it still scatters.

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
If a power says that it hits automatically then you don't roll scatter - because that would not be an automatic hit.

·
Registered
834 Posts
I've read the rules inside and out. I can't find it anywhere that soulstorm doesn't scatter. Not sure if anyone has tournament experience. It looks like it's treated as any other blast shooting attack.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts