Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have been working on my marine/chaos chapter background and i wanted something different for friendly games with my friends and i looking for ideas from you guys (full background will be written on here when i finish it)

but basics are they are from a planet of ice so i wanted to do a lore of cryomancy and looking for ideas for spells (i did look at just changing pyro spells but if u read them they dont work)

at the moment the only thing i sure of is i want some sort of effect on them like soulblase called flashfreeze no idea how to work it

so any ideas ?

·
Registered
136 Posts
2 debuff spells: one that requires Init test or reduces init (hoarfrost). One that reduces BS (a blizzard) and maybe counts as difficult terrain.

2 buff spells: affects armour in some way (the rapid cooling of armour confers FNP?) and one that reduces opposing assaults (slipping on ice or something).

2 offensive: I'm thinking low S blasts that cause pinning. Can exchange range for blast size. And flash freeze affect could be pinning test everyturn or some kind of stat test or they count as moving through terrain.

Primaris: unsure on this one, gotta be something that isn't instapick (like prescience) but isn't rubbish (like some of the others). Maybe confers shrouded or stealth to a unit because of being wreathed in a snowstorm but like wise can't shoot at full BS or the unit they shoot also gains shrouded or stealth.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
like some of the ideas i was thinking about the flashfreeze effect what u think if this : if hitwith a cryo spell they are effected flash freeze -2 or 3 with taking a pinning test . roll a dice at the end of each turn on a 1,2,3 the ice breaks away and on a 4+ the effect continues what u think (like soulblaze what dont do dmg)

·
Registered
136 Posts
The modifiers make it seem OP. But withit presumably coming only from a shooting attack pyschic power (considered the worst/most risky) that might balance it out. But it seems quite powerful. 50/50 chance to shut down a target and that could affect multiple units.

You'd need to playtest (and maybe compare the affect to anything similiar from any of the other psychic tables) and confirm your opponents won't hate playing against it.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well in my group everyone is ld 10 so a pinning test at -2 would only be ld test on a 8 so not that strong

also what u think to
Primaris: ice lance range 3d6 str 7 ap3 assault 1 ( beam , flashfreeze )

·
Registered
136 Posts
well in my group everyone is ld 10 so a pinning test at -2 would only be ld test on a 8 so not that strong

also what u think to
Primaris: ice lance range 3d6 str 7 ap3 assault 1 ( beam , flashfreeze )
Beam is any models in the line take a hit yeah? So its limited and random. Is there another similiar Primaris power you can compare it to? eg, is it balanced?

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
molten beam for pyro is 18 range ap1 beam melta as a 6 and there is 1 called blood javalin in the blood angels that somthin stupid

also remember that each guy hit the beam get -1 str so second guys is st6,st5,st4 etc untill it ends or runs out of str

1 - 7 of 7 Posts