Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Administrator
6,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've gotten my little chaos-worshipping mitts on a copy of the new codex, and while this won't mean a whole lot to you for another month, but hey... I just wanted to throw out what you can do with it now. It's not terribly different from the current codex, if only because I'm trying to minimize the number of new models I have to buy, but let it suffice to say that there's quite a bit of stuff you can do now that you were limited by before... and I'm not sure whether that's a good thing or not. Sacred Numbers are utterly irrelivant, and wounds are at a premium, so I kind of threw having the squads at 9-strong to the wind, which I'm not thrilled about, but it's a necessary evil to make the army work more or less as it was before.

If this is not acceptable to have posted given that the codex has not yet been officially released, PLEASE DELETE THIS TOPIC with my apologies.

HQ/
-Sentret, Black Mage of Prospero (Chaos Sorcerer)
Terminator Armour, Combi-Bolter, Force Weapon, Mark of Tzeentch, Wind of Chaos, Doombolt

Elites/
-Khamenawi's Cabal (Chaos Terminators)
5-strong. Combi-bolters and power weapons. One power fist. Icon of Tzeentch. One Reaper Cannon.

-Sobek, Rubric Dreadnought
Twin lascannon, dreadnought close combat weapon/combi-bolter, extra armour (daemonic possession is gone... :( )

-Ialu, Rubric Dreadnought
Twin lascannon, dreadnought close combat weapon/combi-bolter, extra armour

Troops/
-P'Tah's Cabal (Thousand Sons)
Wind of Chaos, Icon, Rhino APC with Extra Armour

-Hathor's Cabal (Thousand Sons)

-Rasui's Cabal (Thousand Sons)

Fast Attack/
No selections, but if I had the points to spend, I'd take some spawn just for dramatic effect, and because the new models are hella cool. Incidentally, they don't take up a force organization slot... they're just treated as Fast Attack units otherwise, which is odd considering they're Slow and Purposeful...

Heavy Support/
-Amaris' Cabal (Havoc Squad)
10-strong, Icon of Tzeentch, four Missile Launchers

The heavy weapons squad is another necessary evil, I think, since they took away my Champions' power fists and I'm going to be sorely pressed for means to put down close combat threats with armor values. I didn't want to drop the terminators from the army, and since dreadnoughts are now Elites, that means I'm down a dreadnought, which means I'm down one twin lascannon. While the heavy weapons squad is admittedly about 100 points more than an annihilator with daemonic possession, it should have slightly better staying power (and it's an excuse to model some Thousand Sons with heavy weapons, which I've wanted to do for some time.)

·
Administrator
6,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so they are. I didn't notice that they were beasts. It's a tough call for them, then... I could afford one if I drop the Icon of Tzeentch from the Havoc squad, but I kind of feel like that ought to be there if only for fluff so I can get away with modelling the squad as Thousand Sons without anyone being terribly confused. Admittedly, the Icon doesn't do much for the squad though... so I don't know.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts