Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been playing my BA Mech list for a while and tweaking it with experience and help from everyone here. I think I am ready to start fine tuning the list more and learning more about strategies for proper placement. A lot of times on my opponents first turn (if they go after me) they are able to get side shots on my Baal Preds. I was wondering how do you guys move then around the table to give the RBs and Baals the best cover and angle to give the enemy less shots at the side. Baals are SO easy to pop with side armor...

I'm thinking some people maybe put RBs in the way? Is that what most people do? I've read on a lot of tactics of other BA mech players that they move forward in a way that makes it extremely difficult to get side armor shots on their Baals and Vindis etc. I couldn't find any articles on this.

Tips? Advice?

Also with my list below, could I get some experience BA Mech players to convince me on what to do for my last 2 choices. I want either 2x "Annihilator" Predators that are Regular Preds with Las Cannon Sponsoons or 2x Vindicators.

TLDR:
1) I read people moving in such a way that they do not allow their enemy to get side shots on their Preds/Vindis/Baals. How do you do this?
2) With my list below would you suggest 2x Annihilator Preds (Reg Pred with Las Sponsoons) or 2x Vindicators? Why?

Librarian
Assault Squad
Meltagun
Transport: Razorback
TL Assault Cannons

Assault Squad
Meltagun
TL Assault Cannons

Assault Squad
Meltagun
TL Plas/ Las

Assault Squad
Meltagun
TL Plas/ Las

Baal Predator
Heavy Bolters

Baal Predator
Heavy Bolters

Honour Guard
Meltagun x 4
Drop Pod

+

2x Vindicator
or
2x Regular Pred + Las Sponsoons

·
Registered
5,539 Posts
1) Like this:

2) Predators every time because Vindicators are super expensive in the Blood Angel Codex for the privilege of being Fast which just isn't all that fantastic. I mean, it's good, but not 30 extra points good.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So do you usually setup baals or preds all together? Instead of in different sides of the board?

Also someone told me to set them up in a pattern like this... \|/

What do you think of that?

Sorry for the question bombardment but what does everyone think of going 2 Baal 2 annihilator predators in a 1500 list like mine. Too much points or could you go even 3/3?

Would annihilator preds be good av 14 hate or should I keep my melta a drop pod squad?

·
Registered
147 Posts
the triple front arc formation would work nicely to deny side armour, so yeh i like that, as for 2 annihilators, they are too expensice to use, id go for Autocannon/lascannon, saves a fair few pionts and gains an extra shot, and still remains very good against heavy armour and is better against av 12 or less.

Against av 14 lascannons are OK, but youd be better off with melta, and bloodlance.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@Hell: Ya. I decided to go with LandSpeeders with MMs. I had a suggestion to go Attack Bikes too but I already went the LS route...hopefully I won't be disapponted :p

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
For the auto las predators I usually have them deployed in a line at the back, using their range to give them some decent defense. With the Baals or Vindicators( your list Baals would fit better) A 3rd one or a land raider would be needed. An arrow deployment works well with them. Basically one of them up front with their front armour facing forward, the other 2 just slightly behind it with their fronts covering the sides of the front vehicle. I find this is best done with a land raider as you can concentrate more on covering the weaker tanks with the land raider than covering each other equally.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts