Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all!

So, I need to get a model painted for a friend, which is the following Armourcast Warhound Titan.

The paint scheme for this will be a duplicate of the same friends recently acquired Reaver Titan.

That's what I will shoot for in the scheme. If you look close, this Titan has light coloured splotches here and there and I've been asked to replicate it on the Warhound.

So, come back tomorrow evening as I start the Project Log of:
"How to paint an Armourcast Titan!"
-OR-
"Why does this Titan have measles?"

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
excuse my ignorance..but where have you found those beauties?

·
Registered
3,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
excuse my ignorance..but where have you found those beauties?
Well, first off, I cannot accept credit for finding them, that belongs to my friend, Joe. He scoured eBay and purchased them from there. Every now and again, an auction will come up for one of these, or the Reaver, for a decently low price. The Reaver was a $250 purchase, I know the price for a fact as I saw the auction for it before he hit Buy It Now.

·
Registered
3,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good evening and welcome back!
This evening, I have disassembled the Warhound into its separate pieces in preparation of priming.

@Oldman78 I forgot about placing a Space Marine for scale until after the fact. At the time of taking this pic, I remember and placed a generic push fit Marine in the pic by the Titan's feet, I'll reassemble the Titan after painting and take another pic.

Everything is primed in black. I'm going to let this sit overnight and cure before laying down the base coats tomorrow.

Everything was primed using a Badger Patriot Arrow 105 and Vallejo Black Primer. If you have the ability to prime with an airbrush, I highly recommend it. This tool is great for getting into the small nooks and crannies that aerosol canned primers just can't touch without causing overspray.

Tomorrow, we will lay on the base coats and make efforts towards getting things some details in place.
:)

·
Registered
3,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hello and welcome back!

Given that today is New Years Eve and there are a number of events I'm going to attend, I was unable to complete as much as I would have like for the base colours.

Pale Blue Grey was sprayed on the carapace (shell) of the Warhound as well as the greaves on the legs.

Golden Yellow was used to test how the colour will look over black primer. I applied a little bit to the hip as shown and on the Plasmagun in the background. I have a feeling I may need to spray a lighter colour over the Black, such as Grey, to make the Yellow appear less dull if necessary.

Vallejo Model Air Pale Blue Grey and Vallejo Game Air Golden Yellow are the colours used.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts