Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
OK I have been thinking about starting a project when I get home. I want to build a Phantom Titan. I have several of the old pictures from the Armorcast version plus pics of the newer FW model of the smaller titan so I have a darn good idea of what to do for this thing but I want to shoot out some ideas first to see if anyone can refine on them a bit.

FRAME: For the general frame I was going to use wire and maybe dowel rods to make the basic skeleton/frame of the beast. I figure making it 3ft not including fins. I know the head is roughly 2.5 figures tall.

"FLESH": For the non-detail fleshing of the Phantom I was going to use lowgrade modeling epoxy to put thickness to the skeleton and get the general rough shape of it.

DETAILS: For details I was going to use plasticard and GS and other icons available from other sources.

Alright what do you all think so far? What am I missing on this beast?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Correction, I found a site where someone figured out the height to the head to be 17 3/4 inch but the have the warhound at 9 3/4 inch and it is actually 12 inches soooo with some math I figure I will make the Phantom to 22 Inches to the top of the head. Fins should make it 27-30ish inches.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeppers, they are saved on my computer, PM me your email and I will send a couple to you or you can click on a link :)

Painted Armorcast Phantom Titan
http://www.coolminiornot.com/43301

Another Painted Phantom
http://www.coolminiornot.com/2048

Both artists did an outstanding job on these!

http://collecting-citadel-miniatures.com/wiki/index.php/Resin_Vehicles_&_Titans

Random other titans plus options for the Phantom.

Now in another thread someone did bring something to mind that I had not thought of before. Several weapons have been released for the eldar since 2nd ED, so I now have more modeling options, sweet.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
is there 2 threads of this i cant see my posts.. i was thinking of you to put a few fire prisms up to 6 on it

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
go for it dude it could be your crowning glory. I have to say the old one is UUUUUUUGGlY!!! the new one looks sooooooo much better

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am planning on going for it, no issues there and already thinking of stuff I need to get for it :). Yes there is 2 threads, one for the modeling of it and the other is for the datasheet. I re did the data sheet on it in the apoc section so check that out, it will have 4 weapon slots. 2 shoulders and 2 arms :).

I think today I am going to start crunching the numbers and seeing how long I need to make the arms and legs and try to figure out how I am going to joint them. Oh and if I do this, it will not be my crowning moment, only the start!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Already planning on the massive Rune Crystal on the chest and one of the shoulder mounts will be a fire prism, a very large fire prism. I will write a bit more on the steps that I am going to take i can not wait till I get home and start on this beast.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I am waiting on my Codex Eldar and maybe a copy of the VDR rules before I post to much more on the Data Sheet or Building the thing. I wish I could draw a bit better because I would try to doodle the darn thing as to what I want it to have. I am going to download as many pics of the Revenant as I can and use that as the base of the new Phantom I am planning.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts