Two arm weapons from the following list:
- Scatter Cannon
- Heat Lance
- Titan Powerfist
- D-Cannon
- Mega Pulsar Lance
- Mega Sonic Lance

Nova Cannon
pulsar (180pts) + blast (+270pts) + long barrel (+90pts) + titan killer (+90pts) + mega weapon (+270pts) + B.s. 4 (+40 pts) =760pts
Phantom Sonic Lance
sonic lance (110pts) + long barrel (+55pts) + mega weapon (165pts) + titan killer (+55pts) + B.s. 4 (+40) =425pts
Phantom Missile Launcher
Eldar missile launcher (20 pts) + gun battery x 9 (+180 pts) + long barrel (+10pts) + mega weapon (=30pts) + B.s. 4 (+35pts) = 275pts.
Phantom Firestorm
Firestorm (75pts) + long barrel (+38pts) + mega weapon (+188pts) + B.s. 4 (+35 pts) = 336pts

Total weapons cost = 1796pts
Structure points 7 = 600pts
Armor 48 = 60 pts (12 on all sides)
Speed fast = 40pts
Eldar force field = 100 pts
Skimmer = 20pts
Targeter points cost paid in weapon
Vectored engines = 20pts
Spirit stones = 10pts
Race characteristics ws. 3 bs 4* str.4 I 4 A1
Special Rules
Reactor Meltdown: If the Phantom suffers an Apocalyptic Explosion result on the Catastrophic damage chat, its alien power source becomes unstable. This is treated as an Apocalyptic Explosion, except the range is 6D6", and models within ranger suffer a Destroyer hit.

Towering Monstrosity: Because of its immense size it is difficult for the Phantom to engage targets that are too close. It suffers from the following limitations:
- Weapons mounted on the carapace of the Phantom have a minimum range of 24".
- A Phantom's Titan close combat weapon can only be used against Gargantuan Creatures and Super-heavy vehiclesTitan Pulsar
Mega blast pulse laser (lance)

Titan Heatlance
Mega blast gatling prismcannon

Titan powerfist
(+2 Attacks (Ferocious), Warmachine close combat weapon, 4 shuriken cannons)

Titan D-cannon
Long-barrelled mega blast titan-killer D-cannon

Basing my stats off of http://www.rasmushome.com/wh/e/titan.html#3 work with the VDR. I will be refining it a bit, but total the titan should end up near 2500-3000ish point and then you can upgrade.

OK here is my issue, the weapons seem off, and I think we can come up with better options IMHO. Plus the thing is overpriced (IMHO) when compared to the Imp version. All my books are at home can someone email me what the weapons breakdown would be for each please like they normally do with weapons (aka VDR the stats instead of counting as crap like it is above. I want to do this in a Datasheet format, but I will be honest, I suck at Eldar sooo, here is your chance Eldar people!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I know we have some eldar players, can anyone please help with naming the weapons at least :). I should be posting a Datasheet for this monster soon that is comparable to the Warlord since they can have the same amount of armament (2 smaller shoulder, 2 larger arm). What limitations should we impose on this? The problem is the weapons since my Eldar codex is in the united states, 6000 miles away.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
use several fire prisms maybe 6 ..unlimmited range and apocalypse penetration.

or use the wepaosn from forge world

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was asking about stat lines for the weapons, my dexes and rule book/WD with VDR are all in the states. After that is catchy Eldar sounding names, the Armorcast stuff is all from 2nd ED so the names do not have the flair they do nowadays.

Next should we make this titan use the same arm weapons like the Revenant or allow 2 seperate choices?

Lastly the weapons from forgeworld would be waaay to small unless I use some for their super heavy flier and to tell you the truth, I will just scupt them myself, anyways that part ofthe project is in the modeling forum.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Cat can you convert any of those to Apoc titan weapons please for the sake of a datasheet. I brought my Apoc book in so I am going to work on making it more Apocish :).

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Phantom Titan

WS 2
BS 4
ARMOR
FRONT 14
SIDE 14
REAR 12
I 2
A 1

UNIT: 1 Phantom Titan

TYPE: Super Heavy Agile Walker

STRUCTURE POINTS: 7

Eldar Titan Holo-shields: 6

WEAPONS AND EQUIPMENT:
Two carapace weapons from the following list:
- Missile Launcher
- *Super Prism Cannon*

Two arm weapons from the following list:
- Scatter Cannon
- Heat Lance
- Titan Powerfist
- D-Cannon
- Mega Pulsar Lance
- Mega Sonic Lance

Insert Weapon Rules here

Special Rules
Reactor Meltdown: If the Phantom suffers an Apocalyptic Explosion result on the Catastrophic damage chat, its alien power source becomes unstable. This is treated as an Apocalyptic Explosion, except the range is 6D6", and models within ranger suffer a Destroyer hit.

Towering Monstrosity: Because of its immense size it is difficult for the Phantom to engage targets that are too close. It suffers from the following limitations:
- Weapons mounted on the carapace of the Phantom have a minimum range of 24".
- A Phantom's Titan close combat weapon can only be used against Gargantuan Creatures and Super-heavy vehicles

·
Registered
2 Posts
Two phantoms

Hi Djinn24.
I have two of these beasties and what I have found comparable for wing mounted weapons is a "firestorm" scatter laser and Phantom missile launcher.
Phantom points cost determining chart.
Nova cannon = pulsar (180pts) + blast (+270pts) + long barrel (+90pts) + titan killer (+90pts) + mega weapon (+270pts) + B.s. 4 (+40 pts) =760pts

Phantom sonic lance = sonic lance (110pts) + long barrel (+55pts) + mega weapon (165pts) + titan killer (+55pts) + B.s. 4 (+40) =425pts

Phantom missile launcher = Eldar missile launcher (20 pts) + gun battery x 9 (+180 pts) + long barrel (+10pts) + mega weapon (=30pts) + B.s. 4 (+35pts) = 275pts.

Phantom Firestorm = Firestorm (75pts) + long barrel (+38pts) + mega weapon (+188pts) + B.s. 4 (+35 pts) = 336pts

Total weapons cost = 1796pts

Structure points 7 = 600pts

Armor 48 = 60 pts (12 on all sides)

Speed fast = 40pts

Eldar force field = 100 pts

Skimmer = 20pts

Targeter points cost paid in weapon

Vectored engines = 20pts
Spirit stones = 10pts

Race characteristics ws. 3 bs 4* str.4 I 4 A1

Total point cost = 2646pts
I kept the option to switch out from nova cannons or sonic lances. I went with the vehicle design rules on the missile launcher and gave it battery times 9 now that appocalypse rules are here I will call it an appocalypse barrage 10. I use it as a mostly defensive weapon. I agree with the whole cant attack anything under 24" but i disagree with the whole multiple fields as this would be different from any other eldar field.

I live in Kentucky too and have been to the sand box. Although I was there in 90 and 91. Good luck. I will try and post a pic of my 25000 point Siam Hian army.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sweet and I would LOVE to see that massive army of yours, I was trying to get it to just at 2500 points to allow it to be comparable with the Warlord titan. OK I just ordered the new Eldar dex so I will look up a bit more info on how Eldar should be.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Where in KY do you live? Maybe when I get home if we can find an area to fight in we can throw down an Apoc match, I can bring about 19k if I ally my SM and Eldar.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Getting Back Into 40k Needing Some Pointers

hey all, im looking to get back in to moddeling and playing 40k, ive been out of the loop for about four or five years. i used to collect marines and imperial guard but now im eyeing up a shiny new tau army. ive jsut been looking at some stuff on forgeworld (Imperial Super heavy tanks mostly) and just wondering wheather or not they can be used in standard 40k battles, also what kind of points are we talking here?
any info you can give me much appreciated
cheers

·
Registered
51 Posts
Did you know that Bell of lost souls has already made a data sheet for the Phantom?(And the Warlock!)?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts