Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Chaos Lords with Daemon Weapons can put out a disgusting amount of armor ignoring attacks of various flavors (depending on their Mark). Plus, you can hide them in a unit so they can't be easily mowed down by massed fire. I have had good results from Lords when I run them in my Chaos army. I will also echo the above comments by saying that a Slaanesh Lord can make his points back in one round against Tyranid Warriors. It is sweet. ;)

Most Lord set-ups will run you a little less than a Wing-ling Daemon Prince with a Mark. You gain the benefit of more attacks and hiding in a squad. You lose the benefit of being a MC (bonus AV pen., higher toughness) and become vulnerable to 'death by P-Fist'.

Regarding Sorcerer's, the only way I would run them is with mark of Tzeentch and Warptime (only buy the one power). That way you can Warptime, and then Force-weapon kill a model you wound. Can be useful against Tyranid MC's that are no longer Eternal Warriors (if you get the wound you need, that is).

Really, it is all about your tactical plan for your army. Pick the HQ that works for you.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts