Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking over the Chaos Marine codex, and I've been wondering about something. I know there has to be some kind of situation where you would take a Lord or Sorcerer over a Daemon Prince, but for the life of me I can't figure out what it is. If you fully deck out a Lord or Sorcerer they actually end up more expensive than a Prince, and the Prince can have wings and is a monstrous creature. The only advantage to the others is that if you really want to go crazy you can give a Sorcerer three psychic powers (Mark of Tzeentch + Familiar,) but that's the only thing I can really think of.

What am I missing?

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah. Gotchya.

I actually already had a pair of Princes from my Daemons army, so that worked out for me. I'm actually wondering if it's worth it for me to get a Lord and/or Sorcerer, but so far my Princes have been a lot more useful in my CSM army than they are for Daemons. I love Warptime soooo much.

·
Registered
468 Posts
i can't think of a situation!

if you're going to face nids with mawlocs and other MC's get a lord with MoS, wings and a blissgiver!

3 base attacks, +1 for charging +D6 for daemon weapon (just don't roll a 1!), any wounds caused cause instant death!

only deathleaper strikes before you, stealers, lictors and the swarmlord (don't charge this guy unless you want to die) strike at same time eveything else strikes after and with that number of attacks will likely be dead, you better hope so anyway ^_^

but ye there's a nid player at my FLGS and i would love to use 2 of these guys to tear his MC's apart!

oh and you can hide inside transports with wings and you have a 20" charge range to boot!

·
Registered
287 Posts
Chaos Lords with Daemon Weapons can put out a disgusting amount of armor ignoring attacks of various flavors (depending on their Mark). Plus, you can hide them in a unit so they can't be easily mowed down by massed fire. I have had good results from Lords when I run them in my Chaos army. I will also echo the above comments by saying that a Slaanesh Lord can make his points back in one round against Tyranid Warriors. It is sweet. ;)

Most Lord set-ups will run you a little less than a Wing-ling Daemon Prince with a Mark. You gain the benefit of more attacks and hiding in a squad. You lose the benefit of being a MC (bonus AV pen., higher toughness) and become vulnerable to 'death by P-Fist'.

Regarding Sorcerer's, the only way I would run them is with mark of Tzeentch and Warptime (only buy the one power). That way you can Warptime, and then Force-weapon kill a model you wound. Can be useful against Tyranid MC's that are no longer Eternal Warriors (if you get the wound you need, that is).

Really, it is all about your tactical plan for your army. Pick the HQ that works for you.

·
Registered
614 Posts
I often use a Khorne Lord with Bloodfeeder, in an unit of 9 Khorne Berzerkers, and the number of attacks they can deal on a charge is really impressive. I am also quite a lucky guy, so I ended up wounding myself onlt one or two times, but I've lost track of the number of time my Lord hit with 9-10 PW attacks, along with the 5 PW attacks of my Skull Champion. Space Marines players HATE this guy, it's the Howling Banshee-like guy of the CSM.
I've also eard of people having good results with the Blissgiver. The Undivided Deamon Weapon is not that bad either, 3(4 if assaulting)+D6 S5 PW attacks is kinda cool.

·
description whore
2,864 Posts
Yeah there only use is really so you can hide them in units, but with the daemon princes ability to make cover saves from terrain or give them mark of nurgle/ tzeentch they are pretty tough buggers anyway

Slaaneshi lords with slanneshi terminators are rather amusing for a sort of surprise cock *** moment. A unit of terminators or marines charge you, you strike first with a fuck load of power weapon attacks,what unit?

In general though they really aren't worth it, plus i prefer the daemon prince model, when painted well it can look awesome

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
I seriously hope they JACk the Pts of DPs and give the Daemonc Abilities to your Lord like before. DPs should be used in Big Games only, however thanks to the current Dex they are a crutch. However on the Flip Side I find a 125 Pts Lash Sorceror that can hide in a squad and Rhino worth as much as a 30 Pt more Lash Prince. Just me.

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
Ugh, not this topic again. >_<

Daemon Princes are better. End of.
Actually I belive the point of this one is when to justify use of a Lord or Sorceror.

Not everyone can have a Dex that grants FC and FNP to EVERYONE, DS LRs, Skimmer Transports, something as simple as Drop Pods, Fast Vehicles, and Bad Ass Psycic Dreads that fuckin FLY!!!!!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.