Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
The Emperor Protects
5,262 Posts
Have you read Soul Hunter? it's not a imaginative case, they celarly state in the book Curze is dead and beheaded by M'shen, they arent bothered that M'shen took his head they only persue and kill her when they find out she had stolen relics aswell. As far as im aware it wasnt left open to interpretation whether M'shen killed him or not, originally it was but as of Soul Hunters its certain

·
Bane of Empires
5,131 Posts
Konrad did indeed die that night, as he was consumed by the night haunter. The battle of conflicting personalities ended and konrad's love and hope in the emperor was disolved when he saw the assassin before him with his own eyes.
Firstly, Curze had faced many of the Emperor's assassins before that night on Tsagualsa, thus that point is moot.

That night the night haunter obliterated that assassin and fabricated the story of his demise spread by his former right hand follower, consecrated the illusion by leaving behind the very thing which once symbolized to him his authority in the emperor's reality....the corona nox.
Read Soul Hunter, M'shen is not only witnessed to have decapitated Curze, but is chased from the palace by the Soul Hunter and into space, where following the Eldar ambush is killed by the Soul Hunter. So no, Night Haunter didn't obliterate M'shen.

Konrad Curze/Night Haunter is dead, end of. :p

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
That is word of konrad's most trusted right hand follower, if the personality of konrad died that night and haunter purposefully gave it to mshen, while instructing his right hand follower to play along which he would doubtlessly as his loyalty to konrad was unquestionable.

So end of story? In your perspective if you decide so, then yes. But as for mine? No. Similarily I do not take the word of erebus and kor as pure objective statement from the writters, that the emperor was ascending to godhood and would abandon his sons on the way.

Characters words have been shown to be lies, deception, laced with hidden agenda. And as said before they wouldn't have killed off the assassin before she could confirm konrads death, as well as never show konrads death directly to the readers via video feed. What the readers do get, is the word of konrads closest follower, which if haunter told him what to say and do...he likely would say and do.

·
Bane of Empires
5,131 Posts
if the personality of konrad died that night and haunter purposefully gave it to mshen
Gave what to M'shen? His own head?!

while instructing his right hand follower to play along which he would doubtlessly as his loyalty to konrad was unquestionable.
I take your referring about Sahaal, you can hardly call him Curze's most trusted right hand follower, neither can you call his loyalty unquestionable.

Similarily I do not take the word of erebus and kor as pure objective statement from the writters, that the emperor was ascending to godhood and would abandon his sons on the way.

Characters words have been shown to be lies, deception, laced with hidden agenda. And as said before they wouldn't have killed off the assassin before she could confirm konrads death, as well as never show konrads death directly to the readers via video feed. What the readers do get, is the word of konrads closest follower, which if haunter told him what to say and do...he likely would say and do.
You obviously havn't read Soul Hunter. Not only does it give a justification and reason for why the Vid-Feed cuts out before it shows M'shen taking his head, but it also shows the Soul Hunter giving chase to and killing M'shen. I suggest you read Soul Hunter before making further judgement.

·
The Emperor Protects
5,262 Posts
Yeah you really need to read Soul Hunter. I'm struggling to see how your not grasping the point of this, M'Shen cut off his head, their was no trickery or decpetion involved, she literally killed him, cut off his head and ran away.

And the point about Erubus and Kor Pahereon is completely differnet, here they are talking about those characters opinions and beliefs. I doubt most believe what Erubus and co. though about the Empeor, they had no proof of this. Where as Soul Hunter did not think in his opinion that M'shen killed and decapitated Cruze or held a belief that was what may have happened, he literally saw her cut off the head.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I must agree with the conclusion that Kruze died at the assassin's hands.

Even if the imperium doesn't know for sure that konrad died, the night lords legion is pretty sure that he's dead. When Mshen fled the citadel carrying the primarchs head, she was jeered by the legion members, which suggests that there were plenty of observers to the fact that he died. Also the top 3 contenders for leadership of the legion all are sure that died that night, which is why they are contesting for leadership of the legion and are desperate to find the crown (which they wouldnt bother with if if Konrad was alive). Even Konrad himself was not in doubt that he was going to die that night.

To me, the greater mystery was who did Konrad intend to succeed him? Currently, there is an interesting dynamic within the legion right now between what the legion has become and what it used to represent. Also, I'm curious to learn more about the terran element to the legion, which could be explored further.

·
Bane of Empires
5,131 Posts
To me, the greater mystery was who did Konrad intend to succeed him? Currently, there is an interesting dynamic within the legion right now between what the legion has become and what it used to represent. Also, I'm curious to learn more about the terran element to the legion, which could be explored further.
I believe this quote gives us some insight:

Soul Hunter said:
'Many will claim to lead our Legion in the years after im gone. Many will claim that they - and they alone - are my appointed successor. I hate this Legion, Talos. I destroyed its world to stem the flow of poison. I will be vindicated soon, and the truest lesson of the Night Lords will be taught. Do you truly believe I care what happens to any of you after my death?' - The Primarch Konrad Curze.

·
Unhinged Hobo
2,341 Posts
Vulkan is still completely unknown. He was said to have been present after the Heresy to object to the breaking of the legions into chapters. But the last sighting of him so far in the fluff was in the middle of a titanic explosion on Istvaan V.

I hope they fill this out a little in later HH books, i've only just finished Fulgrim and i've gotta say it seems to be written as if he's died on Istvaan V. It never comes out and actually says it but it mentions that the part of the line he was on had been completely overrun and whilst it mentions that Corax got our safely nothing is said about the salamanders apart from a handfull of the boys in green and the iron hands escaped on a stormbird. You would think that if he escaped he would have been mentioned in the scene, but then you would expect Fulgrim and Horus to bring it up if he had died. Weird.

·
The Emperor Protects
5,262 Posts
I know what you mean but theres no way thats how Vulkan will be killed or dealt with, its just too simple and mundane, i dont know how they will work it out. Corax was already changed around in Ravens Flight. In Fulgrim they say a few Raven Guard broke through with a greviously injured Corax. But in Ravens Flight Corax seems completely fine and uninjured and is rescued months after the battle and is still fine then. So i imagine they will change Vulkan somehow aswell

·
Craw-Daddy
4,472 Posts
It is hinted somewhat in Salamanders that he is still alive, or at least he survived and left relics in distant worlds. In Salamanders, an ancient box was found along with the remaining elements of a lost half company of ancient Salamander armor with one very very old Salamander who died and wasn't able to give any hint before death. Basically they all died throughout the years of war with the Iron Warriors and orks.

41 - 50 of 50 Posts