Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fellow Heretics!
I seem to remember reading, somewhere, that the Primarch project wasn't just about creating great Generals for the Emperor's armies, but something greater. I don't know where I'm geting it from but I've got the idea stuck in my head that the Emperor was actually planning for the Primarchs to be the Primogenitors of the next 'phase' of Humanity- the race of men becoming something greater, better and more powerful, more psychically aware but more able to control that psychic power; this was not just the evolution of psykers and better control of them, but the Primarchs were to be a fundamental leading part of this evolution. How the Primarchs were supposed to do this I have no idea, but having read the places where I thought I saw this, I now can't see it. Am I going mad? Was this just a fan theory that has been erased, or was it something old that has been replaced?
I'd love to know if I'm right, or if I've managed to conflate a number of fluff-threads into one SNAFU.
Cheers!

GFP

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's what it seems, now. I thought I'd read it in Collected Visions, but no. Then I checked Lex, no. It's not in the IA books. I remember it as being something that fit the theme of 40k, which is why I didn't think it was pure fanfic, but it also might have been that I read it when I first got back into the hobby and didn't know much of the fluff.
I'd always wondered just how the Emperor was going to mas-produce Primarchs enough to replace Humanity. If he couldn't replace his lost sons, then it really does call this piece of half-remembered fluff into doubt. More than anything, now, I just want to know where I read it!

GFP

·
Bane of Empires
5,131 Posts
That's what it seems, now. I thought I'd read it in Collected Visions, but no. Then I checked Lex, no. It's not in the IA books. I remember it as being something that fit the theme of 40k, which is why I didn't think it was pure fanfic, but it also might have been that I read it when I first got back into the hobby and didn't know much of the fluff.
I'd always wondered just how the Emperor was going to mas-produce Primarchs enough to replace Humanity. If he couldn't replace his lost sons, then it really does call this piece of half-remembered fluff into doubt. More than anything, now, I just want to know where I read it!

GFP
The Emperor was nuts, but he wasn't nuts enough to think he could repopulate the human race with Primarch-like beings.

The Primarchs were unique, never more was there ever going to be similar entities. And they are usually noted for their primary purpose, which was to lead and direct the conquest of the galaxy for humanity. Personally I've never come across anything that suggested the Primarchs were the next form of 'evolution' for the human race.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I heared that at some point Lexicanum had something of a clean-up, removing fanfic and trying to make sure everything was actual fluff. I can only imagine, what with no-one else really recognising this, that it might have been a fan-theory that bubbled-up and was then deleted.
Although, there is one other for whom this is bell-ringing, so at least I'm not totally insane!

GFP

1 - 7 of 7 Posts