Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Thordis
2,409 Posts
Another question would be, what couldn't a Harlequin's Kiss kill? 100m of wire, that would kill even a Hive Tyrant. Could anything survive the strike?
I think anything made out of flesh and blood would suffer grievously from the weapon, but I think also that there is a very good chance of primarchs actualy surviving it, considering their extraordinary healing abilities, it might just take a while for them to fully recover.

· Thordis
2,409 Posts
I'm not trying to argue that a Harlequin could take a Primarch in a fight, of course not. I'm arguing, that if 100 Harlequins rushed a Primarch, and one of those 100 got a lucky hit with their Harlequin's Kiss, it would kill them. Primarchs can take getting stabbed, shot, and blasted by a titan weapon, but I honestly do not think they could survive a strike from the Harlequin's Kiss. It doesn't matter how strong your regenerative powers are, if your entire inner structure gets turned into a soup-like consistency, there is no coming back... Again, unless you are Vulkan.
their inner structure much like their outer structure is a lot tougher then that of an average human or an astartes tho, what guaranty is there that it will have the same effect on a primarch as it has on an unmodified human or space marine?

· Thordis
2,409 Posts
This is not a mere wire whipping, this is 100 meters of razor wire being injected into their bodies.

As for the momentum and force of the injection, if the force is great enough to push out 100 meters of wire, and then retract it in mere seconds, I think that the force behind it is quite great.

Taking a plasma shot from the outside is very different from being cut apart on a microscopic level from the inside. Think about how thin this wire is, 100 meters of it can fit lightly on the wrist of a Harlequin, it does not matter how thick or resilient the bones are of a Prmarch, this wire is so small that it can pass through just about anything.

In terms of the tabletop, it is AP- but has Rending. But the description mentions that it instantly kills the victim. It would be much too powerful to give every model in a 10 man squad instant death, so rending would have to suffice. In every case I have seen it used in the lore, it always results in an instant death.
so what to take into account fluffwise:
momentum/pushing strength of the monofillament wire

primarch forged armour, from IDK what kind of material.
the outside toughness of the primarch biology
the bodymass between the wire and the inner organs
the inside(or organ) toughness of the primarch biology

I honestly dont give it a whole lot of chance of getting even past one organ... there is an insane amount of muscle between that wire and its destination compared to what it was most likely designed for.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.