Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2,006 Posts
Considering the Primarchs can take plasma blasts and recover from it, a mere wire whipping seems like nothing.

But in the forgeworld primarch rules, they all come with 'It will not die' and 'Eternal Warrior'. The later renders them completely imune to instant kill attacks, only taking a single wound instead.

And Morty takes the primarch resilience to eleven.
Preternatural Resilience
Mortarion re-rolls failed Toughness tests and "It Will Not Die!" rolls
Automatically passes any dangerous terrain
Any weapon that wounds on a flat dice roll (for example poison) will only hurt Mortarion on a 6

· Registered
2,006 Posts
Fulgrim took a Raven Guard sniper bullet to the head and walked away just fine, Fabius Bile digging it out from his brainpan shortly after. The primarch intentionally had let himself be hit to play on Peturabo's heartstrings.

But I restate, their rules have them imune to instant death attacks. So Harlequins trying to toy with them is in for a quite rude suprise. The Emperor crafted his sons well.

· Registered
2,006 Posts
I'm sorry for the off topic but.. Intentionally taking a sniper round to the head and "walking away fine" must be the single most idiotic piece of GW fluff I have heard. I know that Primarchs are supposed to be further enhanced by esoteric Warp magicks but there seems to be nothing capable of harming them. Why didn't the Primarchs conquer star system all by themselves, why trouble the astartes legions at all..
Theres only 18 primarchs after all. Look at the fate of Rogal Dorn, superior numbers did him in. And the aformentioned scene was in the early parts of Angel Exterminatus.

Decapitation did in both Ferrus Manus and Konrad Curze. Horus strangled Sanguinius.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.