Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Premium Member
10,968 Posts
Does the Harlequin have the physical strength required to punch the weapon through the primarch's armour? And even if he can penetrate the armour, can he drive it even further into the flesh?

· Premium Member
10,968 Posts
I don't think the Harlequin's kiss is all as powerful as it sounds to be honest. 100m of this wire in a device the size of someone's wrist means it will be a very very thin wire, razor edged or not. I can understand such a weapon being lethal to humans, eldar, tau, and probably orks.

But astartes physiology is a step above all these. Remember, the device works optimally when it is actually punctured through the victim's skin so that the wire unfurls inside and hits the internal organs and arteries directly. But even then, we're talking varying degrees of density here, organs, fluids and bone will all offer different levels of resistance no matter how sharp something is, especially when that something is so small. A non puncturing hit probably only results in superficial external cuts.

Tyranids are on a different level altogether, most of them have endo AND exoskeletons. I believe the above mentioned Hive Tyrant would easily survive.

For that matter, I believe the Primarch will also be fine. Wounded probably, but not fatally. Unless you're gonna hit him in the eye socket with that thing. :grin:

· Premium Member
10,968 Posts
Which is what I would have thought except in all the fluff harliquins guard the webway and have sent armies of their own sent against necrons to stop them reaching the black library. They do use the harliquins kiss against them. It's supposely able to tear through metal, flesh and bone. If it was ineffective they wouldnt use them.
Do you have a source that says the Harlequins specifically use their Harlie Kiss weapons against the necrons? Or that they were made for this purpose?

Because if not, you're making an assumption.

· Premium Member
10,968 Posts
A Space Marine's combat knife also has a mono-molecular edge, yet you don't see those chopping through power armour etc like there's nothing there.

Food for thought.
Exactly, this is similar to the point I was making earlier. If the Harlequin Kiss wire is a simple uncurling mechanism, how much force is really behind it? Enough to shred through human flesh perhaps, but we know beings like astartes, primarchs and almost everything else in 40k for that matter are made of far sterner stuff.

And since others keep bringing up game stats and rules, I'll point out that these weapons only match their users' (rather low) strength and only benefit from their apparent lethality on a one in six chance. :wink:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.